• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964-D quarter
2 2

17 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 11:51 AM, B.C said:

My drug dealer finds them often you can hang out there she at least has a couch 

Wow! That's one confident drug dealer. Most sell out of an alley, dark street corner, or maybe a grubby apartment.

Always interesting to ask yourself if they have actually been floating around out there for 58 years.   Most likely put back into circulation (spent) by someone who didn't know what they had.  In any case...CONGRATS!!

Edited by tj96

On 1/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, DWLange said:

Drug dealers may be receiving coins stolen from collections to buy drugs.

Funny you say that.  My house was robbed by a couple of fine upstanding citizens Dec 31st or Jan 1st 2000 while i was working Happy new Year!!!!  They didnt get any of the good stuff just the old blue folders of circulated coins.. They showed up in a pawn shop  with about half of them already gone.   Franklins, Walkers, Buffalos, ect.  well our fine men in blue found a couple of second hand people and got them for recieving stoilen property...  oh well had to start those over and i was happy to collect them again.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, DWLange said:

Drug dealers may be receiving coins stolen from collections to buy drugs...

Who would have thought a drug dealer could be a potential source of rare coins!  :takeit:

On 1/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, JT2 said:

.... They didnt get any of the good stuff just the old blue folders of circulated coins....

I would be willing to bet there is at least one member here, who having read that,  thought, Never mind the coins. Now about those "old blue folders"... 😉 

On 1/17/2022 at 4:18 PM, DWLange said:

I try to keep my folders free of nasty coins, which tend to wear them out...

I could only imagine how many "folders or albums" you have acquired over the years due to your passion for them...... Probably mind boggling......

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It was somewhere around 10,000 until I started divesting myself of the post-1980 pieces. I'll never write books about those, so I don't need to stockpile them.