• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of Florida United Numismatists show no-shows.
1 1

22 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 4:31 PM, James Zyskowski said:

With the snake population I would think there’s a thinning of the lizards. Now roachs we’ll be racing until the end of time. 

...and they'll win.

On 1/4/2022 at 4:31 PM, James Zyskowski said:

With the snake population I would think there’s a thinning of the lizards. Now roachs we’ll be racing until the end of time. 

No kidding on the roaches.  Modern cockroaches have already been around for 145 million years, since the beginning of the Cretaceous Period and their family of insects has been around even longer than that; first appearing in the fossil record between 350-300 million years ago, during the Carboniferous Period.  They can live almost anywhere and eat virtually anything.  There are few animals that are winning at life to the degree that cockroaches are.  Koalas and Pandas would be jealous, if they had the mental capabilities to feel jealousy, which they do not.

Edited by Mohawk

On 1/4/2022 at 5:56 PM, Coinbuf said:

Looks like NGC has canceled the registry cocktail hour, on-site grading, and a couple of other events.   Seems that FUN is getting less fun everyday.

Now the graders have to eat all those shrimp and King crab legs....too bad.   ;)

On 1/4/2022 at 7:03 PM, RWB said:

Now the graders have to eat all those shrimp and King crab legs....too bad.   ;)

:p No thanks.....the Tiger Sharks can have all that stuff.  

On 1/5/2022 at 12:25 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

Anyone know the official reason why FUN was cancelled? Or, more accurately, postponed?

It starts tomorrow, no cancellation or postponement.  A few no-shows, that's it.

On 1/5/2022 at 7:14 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

It starts tomorrow, no cancellation or postponement.  A few no-shows, that's it.

Okay. You guys would know.  (Whether you are fully vaccinated or not, be sensible: wear a mask!)

My mask began as a paper bag with two eye-holes. I found it worked as well without eye-holes. Driving is a lot more exciting, now.

I should go to F.U.N. sometime just to say I've been there during the electric light era. (Much of Florida remains in the gas light era.) But it's hard to rationalize spending the time and money to go and sit among hot dog bits, week-old "pretzels," and old farts -- I don't really collect coins; but rather information.

Edited by RWB

On 1/5/2022 at 7:27 PM, RWB said:

My mask began as a paper bag with two eye-holes. I found it worked as well without eye-holes. Driving is a lot more exciting, now.

I should go to F.U.N. sometime just to say I've been there during the electric light era. (Much of Florida remains in the gas light era.) But it's hard to rationalize spending the time and money to go and sit among hot dog bits, week-old "pretzels," and old farts -- I don't really collect coins; but rather information.

You see what I mean? I refuse to believe the "die is cast."  Fake news!   😉 

On 1/5/2022 at 7:27 PM, RWB said:

My mask began as a paper bag with two eye-holes. I found it worked as well without eye-holes. Driving is a lot more exciting, now. I should go to F.U.N. sometime just to say I've been there during the electric light era. (Much of Florida remains in the gas light era.) But it's hard to rationalize spending the time and money to go and sit among hot dog bits, week-old "pretzels," and old farts -- I don't really collect coins; but rather information.

When I get those 1933's out of Fort Knox, I'll pay for you to come and be a featured speaker. xD