• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Levieux moulin a nestou coin

6 posts in this topic

Hello again, in need of some guidance on an older coin my father and myself cannot find any background for. Says “Levioux Moulin A Nestou”  picture included

Also, including some images of a silver 1987 penny we have. 
if there is a good place to start learning about coin tutorials please let me know I don’t want to have to keep posting out of curiosity and bother this crowd for any simple answers I can learn myself! Thanks 👍🏼

9BCCCAF7-8F1B-455D-B0BE-3E96EC05FAF9.jpeg

4F52CD42-7F4B-4DF4-AA38-ABC8BE61F94A.jpeg

A2748E19-1F40-409D-A641-56EC7D92BA55.jpeg

Hello Collin and welcome to the forum.  You will find a wealth of information here.  Your Lincoln Cent has been plated.  There were never any Lincoln Cents made out of silver, only copper and a zinc copper combination.  As far as figuring out what your coins are, this is my suggestion.  If you have access to Google Lens on your cell phone, this is a great place to start.  You can take a picture of your coin and it will search a database of millions of known other pictures and will most likely come up with a match or something very similar.  You can then go to our host's Resources link and scroll down to I believe Price Guide and then World Coins.  You can then enter the info you gathered from Google about your coin into several different places on the link.  It should then pull up pictures of your coin granted you entered the correct info into the link.  It is a bit frustrating and confusing at first but after several attempts you will get the hang of it.  Hope this helps.  And as always, we are here to help those out that have a sincere desire to learn about their coins.  We really like to see our serious collectors gather as much knowledge as possible but we are also here to help you do that.  (thumbsu

Welcome to the forum.

Le Vieux Moulin a Nestou means "The Old Mill in Nestou." It was or is a restaurant. Here is a picture of the restaurant from a postcard, with a link to the website where the post card was found: 

https://collection-jfm.fr/p/cpsm-france-06-cros-de-cagnes-le-vieux-moulin-de-nestou-58127

zoom_877.jpg

Edited by Just Bob

On 12/26/2021 at 12:25 PM, Oldhoopster said:

Don't know about the first one, but it isn't a coin or government issue.  Maybe some type of French advertising token

The 1987 cent was plated after it left the mint.  It's considered damage and only worth face value

Thank you again! I’ll split with you when I find that gem … one day lol 

On 12/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, GBrad said:

Hello Collin and welcome to the forum.  You will find a wealth of information here.  Your Lincoln Cent has been plated.  There were never any Lincoln Cents made out of silver, only copper and a zinc copper combination.  As far as figuring out what your coins are, this is my suggestion.  If you have access to Google Lens on your cell phone, this is a great place to start.  You can take a picture of your coin and it will search a database of millions of known other pictures and will most likely come up with a match or something very similar.  You can then go to our host's Resources link and scroll down to I believe Price Guide and then World Coins.  You can then enter the info you gathered from Google about your coin into several different places on the link.  It should then pull up pictures of your coin granted you entered the correct info into the link.  It is a bit frustrating and confusing at first but after several attempts you will get the hang of it.  Hope this helps.  And as always, we are here to help those out that have a sincere desire to learn about their coins.  We really like to see our serious collectors gather as much knowledge as possible but we are also here to help you do that.  (thumbsu

This is exactly what I needed thank you for this so I don’t have to post the countless others I have 🤦‍♂️