• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting my own summer collections

14 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2021 at 12:45 AM, James Zyskowski said:

The quarter is awesome   Slabbed version of quarter,half and Ike in silver available in69 grade under $30 for quarter and half $35 for the Ike maybe less    Be picky as there are many to choose from 😉

1F238FE6-EB97-43FB-A009-2C9E50B146D1.jpeg

B2EB3FE9-C960-49EC-B581-EFA9CD067C6C.jpeg

I believe I have the quarter, it is clad. Dime, nickel, and penny I may have. A lot of coins to go through. 

You will find that the penny,nickel and dime have no visible difference from ordinary issues.   There’s 3- coin sets from the mint as well. I agree that the clad can be had $10-20 slabbed 69. $20-35 for silver    It’s overlooked and a good value  happy hunting 👍🏼

Anyone looking for super high grade (MS67-68)... you will get a better price on the silver editions.  Clad gets pricey in business strikes in high grade.   Proofs also come beautiful and economical when compared to their Philly and Denver counterparts.  

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

On 11/27/2021 at 10:41 AM, James Zyskowski said:

You will find that the penny,nickel and dime have no visible difference from ordinary issues.   There’s 3- coin sets from the mint as well. I agree that the clad can be had $10-20 slabbed 69. $20-35 for silver    It’s overlooked and a good value  happy hunting 👍🏼

Thank you very much

On 11/27/2021 at 12:23 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Anyone looking for super high grade (MS67-68)... you will get a better price on the silver editions.  Clad gets pricey in business strikes in high grade.   Proofs also come beautiful and economical when compared to their Philly and Denver counterparts.  

Always looking for nice coins. If proof coins it has to be; then as long as I'm within my budget I should have no issues finding them.

On 12/1/2021 at 6:33 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Look for one of these 40% silver It looks nice and they are not to much I think I got this one for $18

40% Silver.jpg

From where if I may ask

On 12/2/2021 at 4:15 AM, Hoghead515 said:

They have them on Ebay for around $25.  Just type in 1976 mint proof set. 

I got this one from a dealer who was going out of business but what Hoghead said was correct E-Bay  has them all over the place. They make a clad set also it may be cheaper.