• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newb submission question

13 posts in this topic

I joined ngc to submit silver liberty pf coins, the question I have is am I suppose to remove the coin from the capsule and then place in a flip or do I send in the proof in its plastic capsule?

You can do either. I recommend you leave it as is and let them remove. That minimizes time in environment and they know what they are doing. If you want the capsules returned note that on the submission. 

By Silver Liberty I assume you are referring to American Silver Eagles? You do as you wish, but you may also want to get opinions on should you get those certified. I am of the camp you shouldn’t. They will come back PF69/70. If they come back 69 you have actually made them worth less than just leaving them in original government packaging. But plenty of people send them in every day so that is one opinion. 

Welcome 

Not necessary  to learn as there are many very good books on grading and classes by ANA. You can post pictures here and we’ll be happy to give you an opinion. Perhaps before you send them in. Let’s look here and maybe help eliminate any problem coins. Enjoy and let us know when you get grades. Maybe some before and after pictures. We are all learning together so appreciate pictures. Thanks 😉

Edited by James Zyskowski

Just from the looks they appear to have visible problems but clearer pictures would help. The first two seem to have schmutz on them and the 2021 reverse proof found the same fate as mine and many others fuzz from the cheap packaging they switched to. Have a lot of problems. Under a 5x loop no problems so it’s hard even for the tpg folks. Save your money and buy graded examples and check those very carefully. Some will say buy the coin not the holder. I am in that group 😉

Edited by James Zyskowski

I'll agree about the cheap packaging, they now went to plastic with fuzz but still raise the cost, I agree my pics are not good but have bad lighting and never have been good at taking pictures, already paid premium and have ten coins to grade- might as well see what happens since most of the grading is covered.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, Bob8447 said:

I'll agree about the cheap packaging, they now went to plastic with fuzz but still raise the cost, I agree my pics are not good but have bad lighting and never have been good at taking pictures, already paid premium and have ten coins to grade- might as well see what happens since most of the grading is covered.

Good luck on them. Update us and let us know how they done when you get them back.