• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DD OR DDD

10 posts in this topic

No notching or split serifs, no widening, flat appearance.  Nothing matches the characteristics of hub doubling.

It looks like Die Deterioration, but I tend to lump DDD and MD into the same, "worthless" doubling bucket.  I realize that they're caused by different mechanisms but IMO, I don't see the need to spend much effort differentiating between the two. Just my opinion

I'm seeing machine doubling and possibly some die deterioration doubling.  Neither form of doubling is considered collectible.

Time for the OP to learn some more. Looking for “doubling” is USUALLY a fool’s errand. Lemme guess. YouTube?

No not YouTube just looked weird when I got my change back. To be honest not really interested in error coins. More into harder to find coins.

Thanks everyone 

20211017_172844.jpg

On 10/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, Gk6 said:

No not YouTube just looked weird when I got my change back. To be honest not really interested in error coins. More into harder to find coins.

Thanks everyone 

20211017_172844.jpg

Great! About time more like that came into the hobby. I’ve about lost patience with the “ooh, look, a error” crowd.