• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My newest Beautiful Brits
2 2

36 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2021 at 8:17 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Mike, I like that coin. :taptaptap: lol

The Machin bust of QEII is maybe the best of the many depicting her, it's right up there with the Maklouf bust, for me, and the Ironside reverse looks good on this one. Of course, I'm also partial to world half penny's, being a collector of them.

We'll have agree to disagree on this one. (thumbsu

I have to disagree as well.....I like it, too Mike.  I see nothing ugly about that one, especially when compared to Eunice, Mt. Rushmore and Laura Gardin Fraser's war crime against coinage art.  I like Machin's and Ironside's work on this coin and others.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:24 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Pobjoy Mint has really enjoyed butchering Winston Churchill's likeness on behalf of the IoM over the years, and these are just... Well, you be the judge. 

2079028388_s-l1600(1).jpg.b79450fd82d59d0ed1d6e6111a1d6d64.jpg

2147205233_s-l1600(2).jpg.e1e9d8efcc1a049661938701d6baefb2.jpg

Oh man, that second Churchill is TERRIBLE.....he looks like he rose from the dead and is showing us that he can still count to two in his undead, zombie brain.  The Pobjoy Mint should really hang their heads in shame about that one.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:25 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Sorry about hijacking your thread.  @Mr.Bill347

I'm sorry about the hijack, too.  But I have to say discussing our "favorite" ugly coins has turned into something pretty fun.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:18 AM, Mohawk said:

Oh man, that second Churchill is TERRIBLE.....he looks like he rose from the dead and is showing us that he can still count to two in his undead, zombie brain.

I couldn't find the words to describe that design but you pretty much nailed it! lol