• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feedback??1945 no mintmark penny would this be Ms67-69??

18 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, Alex in PA. said:

Not his first either by the way. 9-15-2021

Dejone_Maxwell_2.jpg

I've lost track of one of my comments concerning this handling issue to one of our members in the past, not sure if it was this same member I advised on this but this is absolute death to a nice Red copper coin!!!!!!:facepalm:

Can you explain why you think this coin would deserve such a lofty grade?   From your question I get the feeling that you have never seen a high grade Lincoln coin.   Before you ruined it with your fingerprints on both sides that coin could not have graded any higher than MS63 red/brown with all the spots, stains, and marks/hits.

On 10/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, Coinbuf said:

Can you explain why you think this coin would deserve such a lofty grade?   From your question I get the feeling that you have never seen a high grade Lincoln coin.   Before you ruined it with your fingerprints on both sides that coin could not have graded any higher than MS63 red/brown with all the spots, stains, and marks/hits.

Agreed on all counts.  There is no way in this world that coin would ever approach anything like an MS67, let alone MS69.

On 10/9/2021 at 5:41 AM, Dejone Maxwell said:

Picture_20212809062852.jpg

Picture_20212709062755.jpg

Oh for gawd’s sake, no. 

On 10/9/2021 at 2:28 PM, RWB said:

RE: "1945 no mintmark penny would this be Ms67-69??"

Lots of damage and marks. Barely uncirculated.

Alert the media: I agree with @RWB here. 

On 10/9/2021 at 6:25 PM, VKurtB said:

Alert the media: I agree with @RWB here. 

I never thought I'd see the day.  This is like a Marabou Stork and a Shoebill in Africa just meeting up, looking at each other and deciding to roost together instead of doing what they usually do:

On 10/9/2021 at 6:24 PM, Mohawk said:

I never thought I'd see the day.  This is like a Marabou Stork and a Shoebill in Africa just meeting up, looking at each other and deciding to roost together instead of doing what they usually do:

Enjoy it while you have it. It’ll likely remain a rare experience. 

On 10/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, VKurtB said:

Enjoy it while you have it. It’ll likely remain a rare experience. 

I know.  I'm certain you and Roger will be back to dinosaur fighting again soon enough.  The boards just wouldn't be right without it, I have to say lol