• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy non-PVC plastic flips to submission?

11 posts in this topic

I bought some at Amazon 50 for $7

they state Vinyl 

A: My understanding, is that are not PVC free; but, that they've been made with unplasticized PVC (uPVC) that has no plasticizing chemicals in it.

A0CBA2F6-E90A-48EA-865A-22F693FB2C6F.jpeg

82943DBA-9294-45A7-9497-37821BDFC026.jpeg

@hrodrigues--Welcome to the NGC chat board.  You should post your questions as new topics, not on someone else's old topic.

The flips should be 2.5 inch, not 2 inch as some have shown here. Grading services found that they can damage coins removing them from tighter 2-inch flips. The thin plastic film on cardboard 2x2s can tear and cause the coin to fall out in transit, and even if tape is used to seal the holder, the coin could fall out while the tape is being removed. (Tape removal may also be inconvenient for grading service personnel.  I strongly recommend that grading service submission instructions be followed to the letter, as if you don't and your coins or damaged, the grading service may deny your claim because you didn't follow their instructions.

In addition to the sites referred to here, you might try amosadvantage.com (Coin World affiliate) and whitman.com, which also offer coin supplies.

Edited by Sandon

I have always submitted in these flips (and stored some coins in certain cases). The photo is from Amazon. There are many other sellers of these on eBay (Wizardcoinsupply probably has the lowest prices) and you can find them also at some Hobby Lobby locations as well as local coin shows.

SAFLIP Double Pocket Safety Coin Flips (2½" x 2½", 50 Flips)

These can also be bought a a local Catholic Book Store where they are kept next to the boxes of communion sliders, and chlorinated "holly water" bottles.

(Hint: The BBQ chicken and pork sliders are especially good, although small. Avoid the vegetarian "beef" -- takes like road-kill ermine with McD's imitation catsup.)

;)

Edited by RWB