• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dollar coins

17 posts in this topic

Welcome 

You have come to a good place. Much to learn.  What you have appear to just be circulated and as mentioned by Mohawk they tend to discolor. Keep searching and do a little study     Your pictures are pretty good. We all go through a learning curve. 

I saw a video the other day about the Sacagawea coin, specifically the 2000 coins, which said there were several versions of that coin minted. One version was the Cherrios Dollar which went out in, of course, Cheerios boxes. Supposedly there were a few other versions with different coloring, all golden but of different hues and materials. I tried to look up the video I watched but there were quite a few of them on the subject on YouTube. 

They claim the Cheerios Dollar is worth $5k

On 9/23/2021 at 8:32 AM, Mikhail2400 said:

I saw a video the other day about the Sacagawea coin, specifically the 2000 coins, which said there were several versions of that coin minted. One version was the Cherrios Dollar which went out in, of course, Cheerios boxes. Supposedly there were a few other versions with different coloring, all golden but of different hues and materials. I tried to look up the video I watched but there were quite a few of them on the subject on YouTube. 

Ya the experimental rinse to keep the coins looking nice. They had a hard time keeping the color Gold looking. This one turned Brown like poop and always looks the same LoL 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Ya the experimental rinse to keep the coins looking nice. They had a hard time keeping the color Gold looking. This one turned Brown like poop and always looks the same LoL 

I just recalled another one of those dollars from the 2000 series which is collectable. Its called the Wounded Eagle dollar and is supposedly fairly common. The eagle has a line thru its breast which looks sort of like an arrow and once you know what to look for its easy to see with the naked eye

On 9/23/2021 at 6:32 AM, Mikhail2400 said:

This $ value might be true but you will have better luck catching a snipe during the hunt. Also junk imitations available. Look out

On 9/23/2021 at 7:20 AM, James Zyskowski said:

This $ value might be true but you will have better luck catching a snipe during the hunt. Also junk imitations available. Look out

I decided to look on Ebay sold listings. I found a surprising number of vendors with no feedback having sold these for hundreds (or perhaps somewhat less at best offer). One supposedly sold for $11K, by a vendor with zero feedback. Zero. At least the slab that sold for over $9K was sold by someone with decent feedback, it seems--but if you look up that feedback, all of it is as a buyer.

It's almost as if people buy a few things to get rated upward, then go for the big score.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, J P Mashoke said:

that is a dented Eagle here is the real deal.https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2000-p-sac-1-wounded-eagle/506153

Correct, here is another good place to look. :bigsmile: Sacagawea Dollars (2000-Date) | VarietyPlus® | NGC (ngccoin.com) 

On 9/23/2021 at 8:32 AM, Mikhail2400 said:

YouTube and similar unvetted sites are your numismatic enemy. Most coin videos are either commercial touts, error-filled confusion, or gross exaggerations.