• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do collectors enjoy Burnished coins?
1 1

46 posts in this topic

I actually managed to score one of the sets today, too.  So, if anyone who wants one missed out and wants a chance to buy the set from a member in good standing here, I'll be selling mine as soon as I get it.  I'm not sure of the price yet.....I'll have to look into that.  I have to fund those Faustinas somehow.......

On 9/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I see all kinds of prices . What is the real mint price for the set $175 ?

Yes....it was $175 from the Mint.  Plus $4.95 shipping.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:49 PM, Mohawk said:

Yes....it was $175 from the Mint.  Plus $4.95 shipping.

So $90 a piece For a proof is ok I guess. The last ASE proof I got was a 2008 for $60 in May

Edited by J P Mashoke

It could have been worse, I suppose.  The regular proofs are going for $73 each.  I'd say the price was much more fair on this set than on the 2021 Morgans and Peace and that 2 coin 1/10 oz AGE set.

Edited by Mohawk

I think Britannias are much, much nicer than ASE's.  It's a prettier design for sure and it works well on a 1 ounce coin. Just my humble opinion and many people disagree with it.  

On 9/13/2021 at 8:33 PM, Mohawk said:

I think Britannias are much, much nicer than ASE's.  It's a prettier design for sure and it works well on a 1 ounce coin. Just my humble opinion and many people disagree with it.  

Oh I’m just rambling. I already Bought the two 2021 W ASE, the 2021 Morgan cc, and the 2021 Peace dollar, so had to have the 2021 Britannia and I got the 2021 Queen Elizabeth 95th birthday coin too. I already had 1921 Morgan MS63 and a 1922 Peace dollar (1922), and a 1921 Great Britain UK King George V United Kingdom Big SILVER FLORIN Coin 

so I figure I have a SET!

90BC181C-2F06-43BB-ACC7-7B93FE4F9C2B.jpeg

B7E7E2DB-CE2D-46CE-A5F4-CDC66ADD2853.jpeg

On 9/14/2021 at 5:36 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Ok guys these Burnished (ruined) coins are out of my price ballpark.

F18BA108-63F6-4048-B984-BDE907734D18.jpeg

Yeah, that's a little salty but they must be selling them. I hate seeing the added cost for those meaningless designations and labels. :frustrated: Pass.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:48 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Yeah, that's a little salty but they must be selling them. I hate seeing the added cost for those meaningless designations and labels. :frustrated: Pass.

It sold from the mint for $67 + $5 shipping.  Then a grading and shipping $30. SO for a $102 investment they are making $77. Not a bad deal for them. Just hope they don't get a 69 because they were selling for $99.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:54 PM, Rummy13 said:

It sold from the mint for $67 + $5 shipping.  Then a grading and shipping $30.

I don't think these cost them that much. I tend to think they paid less, way less. I believe the "uncirculated" burnished coins are eligible for the bulk program (which includes free shipping), NGC gives discounts for bulk submissions and MCM is just down the road from NCG so they probably just dropped these off. If I'm correct and MCM did all of those things they would have paid less for each coin and the grading fees would be less. They might be making closer to $100 - $120 for each MS70 coin sold.

Bulk Program | FAQs | U.S. Mint Catalog (usmint.gov)

Bulk and PreScreen Submissions from NGC (ngccoin.com)

Bulk Submission Rates Now Available for Collectors Society Elite Members | NGC (ngccoin.com)

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Grammar

On 9/13/2021 at 8:56 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Except that now that the Type 2 is out the old style will go up in price 

I agree, they are already now. I have only seen a decrease in ask on the minor strike thru errors (where you go looking for this little spot on the obverse usually and can barely see), that said, will the Proofs be affected in price? Which tide will rise how high?