• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 buffalo nickel 4 feather variety or DDO?? Idk

6 posts in this topic

I’ve never heard of a 4 feather. I don’t believe that is a variety.

I don’t see what you are seeing. Can you point out where you see the 4th feather? I don’t see anything abnormal other than a circular Buffalo nickel. 

Are you talking about the top feather? I see some die erosion or MD on that feather that may be giving the illusion of a 4th feather. But it’s not. 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, Woods020 said:

I’ve never heard of a 4 feather. I don’t believe that is a variety.

I don’t see what you are seeing. Can you point out where you see the 4th feather? I don’t see anything abnormal other than a circular Buffalo nickel. 

Id never heard of it either but i agree with you its die erosion or MD. But here are other photos 

Screenshot_20210905-130338.png

Capture+_2021-09-05-13-02-21.png

On 9/5/2021 at 1:25 PM, Woods020 said:

Looks like die erosion to me. The dies for the buffalos have this fairly often. 

O ok.. Ive never had a buffalo in this high grade till this one well and another lil better but gotem both last week. Most ive had been near smooth. So ive never really had chance to look at one or have reason to research much on anything about the buffalos. Thanks though thats good to know though.