• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC cert. Numbers

10 posts in this topic

I would say it is a sample slab photo (stock photo) with the cert# removed. This is usually done if sellers have more than one of these for sale. This means that the coin in the listing photos is most likely not the exact coin you will receive. I like to see the actual coin I am buying and usually will not buy from a sample photo. I would read any descriptions the seller has on the listing to see if this is the “actual” coin or not. I doubt it is.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:33 AM, Lem E said:

I would say it is a sample slab photo (stock photo) with the cert# removed. This is usually done if sellers have more than one of these for sale. This means that the coin in the listing photos is most likely not the exact coin you will receive. I like to see the actual coin I am buying and usually will not buy from a sample photo. I would read any descriptions the seller has on the listing to see if this is the “actual” coin or not. I doubt it is.

Ok that makes sense thought same thing to start with. But how many could he really have to want to not use actual coin. Census for this year and grade is only 29 total  if ngc online files are up to date so surly this guy doesnt have more than just a couple anyhow. Thats one reason i disregarded the thought of stock photo and thought it may be a counterfeit slab. And hes selling for 10 bucks when vaule guide shows $350. So i was very sceptical especially me not knowing a lot about slabbed coin.

For ten bucks id buy it just because I lt. That’s the key to happy collecting 🤓🙀

Dang a burger with fries and a shake $10. Happy time enjoyment value 2-3 out of 10 and gone in an hour. The slab will always be there and unlike the burger there’s a bonus. You can probably always get close to $10 for the slab. What remains of the meal isn’t worth much but the memories 🤓🙀

Edited by James Zyskowski

On 9/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, James Zyskowski said:

For ten bucks id buy it just because I lt. That’s the key to happy collecting 🤓🙀

Dang a burger with fries and a shake $10. Happy time enjoyment value 2-3 out of 10 and gone in an hour. The slab will always be there and unlike the burger there’s a bonus. You can probably always get close to $10 for the slab. What remains of the meal isn’t worth much but the memories 🤓🙀

Went back to go ahead and order it they've already uped the price to 21.99. You sure you haven't selling them and just messin with by running the price up?? JK.. But they really did raise price now i dont think it worth it . and that being said 20 of the 29 ngc has slabbed is for sell as i type on ebay thats crazy 

Edited by JAnsley

On 9/5/2021 at 5:50 AM, JAnsley said:

Census for this year and grade is only 29 total  if ngc online files are up to date so surly this guy doesnt have more than just a couple anyhow. Thats one reason i disregarded the thought of stock photo and thought it may be a counterfeit slab. And hes selling for 10 bucks when vaule guide shows $350. So i was very sceptical especially me not knowing a lot about slabbed coin.

You're confused. This is the SMS version, not the circulation strike version. Census is 2,921 in this grade and close to 300 graded higher. Didn't check the value, but probably under $20.

On 9/5/2021 at 9:09 PM, gmarguli said:

You're confused. This is the SMS version, not the circulation strike version. Census is 2,921 in this grade and close to 300 graded higher. Didn't check the value, but probably under $20.

Ok thank you for that. I fudged that number up idk how i miss the sms. If its $20 dollar vaule then the guys crazy he is now ask 21.xx something cant recall and wont come off price but 10% only if you buy 6 or more

The NGC number of this coin is 6085653-044. Its current NGC Price Guide Value is $40. It’s not a bad $20 pick up. The “-044” indicates it was the 44th coin on a submission form, or probably part of a bulk submission. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/7/2021 at 3:25 PM, VKurtB said:

The NGC number of this coin is 6085653-044. Its current NGC Price Guide Value is $40. It’s not a bad $20 pick up. The “-044” indicates it was the 44th coin on a submission form, or probably part of a bulk submission. 

PCGS Price Guide is $25.

Recent sales are $19-$22 for either a PCGS or NGC example. 

You will very likely not get the coin pictured. The seller probably has dozens of examples and is using this as a stock photo.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:59 PM, gmarguli said:

PCGS Price Guide is $25.

Recent sales are $19-$22 for either a PCGS or NGC example. 

You will very likely not get the coin pictured. The seller probably has dozens of examples and is using this as a stock photo.

Agreed.