• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morgan vam?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I was about to sell this 1921 Morgan dollar. It’s graded MS62 by NGC. I’m no expert on Morgans at all. Nor am I good at spotting vams. This particular coin appears to have a die crack/scratch along the lettering on both the obverse and reverse of the coin. Is it a vam? And is it something worth re-submitting to get designated? Or does it not offer any premium. All knowledge and options are welcome :) 

128135B1-357E-4A9C-A486-ABD900E49958.jpeg

B13C698E-F187-42B0-90F2-8AEACCAE591A.jpeg

Your coin has prominent clash marks on the reverse - the vertical lines just under the motto are from Liberty's throat. A sideways "V" shape between wing and wreath on the right is also from the same clash. On VAMworld search under the "1921 P" category. You might also consider posting better photos on their message board and ask from members' help.

Morgan and Peace dollar die varieties can add a new twist to your collecting - just avoid the rabbit hole and the fellow offering tea.

Edited by RWB