• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Even though this is new does it still count for FS?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Nice. I would like to think it is a FS. Did you find your nickel in pocket change? I recently opened a mint roll of 2003-D nickels and found 7 out of 40 FS keepers. 

On 8/16/2021 at 7:22 PM, Modwriter said:

Nice. I would like to think it is a FS. Did you find your nickel in pocket change? I recently opened a mint roll of 2003-D nickels and found 7 out of 40 FS keepers. 

I hope so I have put aside 2 rolls of newer random dates of FS nickels and FB dimes I have found while cherry picking. I also save all the 2017 P pennies I find, maybe they all will be worth more down the line.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:05 PM, James Zyskowski said:

I must have been in a time warp. I thought nickels had the shield reverse. I’m ready to be beaten. How did I miss this🙀😂

:facepalm: couldn't resist..... sorry.....xD

On 8/16/2021 at 6:05 PM, James Zyskowski said:

I must have been in a time warp. I thought nickels had the shield reverse. I’m ready to be beaten. How did I miss this🙀😂

My associate has been throwing pennies at me since I posted this. I don’t even drink just old age.  I have no excuse so let the beatings resume. ( Honestly it cracks me up too)🤓🙀😂

The design was refreshed a few years ago. All the ones with Jefferson's 3/4 view in my pocket change have compete steps.

Thanks RWB that’s what was initially thinking. Since I have the complete Jefferson set, with many proof and Bu, would it be worth the time to go through them all for this purpose ?

B

Every nickel in that 2003-D mint roll had full steps. I only kept seven of them out of that roll I think would grade MS65 or better. The bad condition nickels have been returned to circulation.