• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie Morgan Chase

8 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give the "Experts" an update on this newbie's quest. Thanx for all advice on Morgans and "the fact" its not a good time to start this quest, but this newbie didn't take the advice and went down the rabbit  hole again  (like I did with ASE 70 set) of trying to complete set. After a modest start of a few graded AU Morgans (which I flipped),I have entire set minus 1891, 1892, 1893, 1894,1895 and 1903 :(. I have been able to get all MS grades for less than NGC/PCGS online grading value and I realize inflation on Morgan current market. The only coin I am not thrilled about is below - thoughts? All said I feel good :) I'm researching some online auctions for remaining coins. Thoughts (including I'm spinning my wheels LOL) ? 

fullsizeoutput_5cc.jpeg

I have a MS 64 that looks a lot worst than that one, I think you did ok after all it is a 64. She has a beauty mark or a age spot depending on you outlook in life and maybe you will find another girl to replace her one day it if it bothers you. :golfclap:

Can you post a better picture of the front and back? That dark carbon spot is troubling. When they get fully black it’s essentially non reversible. Not the end of the world if it doesn’t bother you, but it will impact resale at some point if your try and sell. 

I don’t know for sure if restoration will remove it. Personally I haven’t been able to get it gone when it gets that dark. It’s terminal for the most part. Aside from that sending it in for restoration and re-slabbing probably isn’t cost effective. You would be better off selling it and rebuying. Cull Morgans are going for pretty good money right now. And I’m sure with the spot it will still go above cull money. And you can find another problem free 64 for $100 give or take if you keep an eye out.