• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is My Set Ranking #4 Instead of Tied For #1?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

This question might be in the wrong area. If so, can the moderator please move it to the correct section? Thanks.

I recently entered a new set. In the 21st Century Type Set, Proofs Only, in the Registry, my set has 5,741 points, the same EXACT amount as six other collectors. However, four of those others are each ranked as tied at #1, another is at #2, another at #3, and I’m back at rank #4. Why is that, and what do I need to do with my set composition to move up in rank?

Edited by Winesteven

Check and see if the other Competitive Sets have Images and/or Comments.  It may be that the two that are tied for #1 got their Images and Comments added at the same time, and so they are tied.  There is some mention, maybe Registry FAQs, about Rank order and how ties are handled.

Fully understood! In this case, it’s clear that coin photos and comments will not help me, since I’m behind the six others with the same point scores due to me having a lower percentage of the coins graded by NGC. I understand that, and also fully agree with the rationale! Thanks.

Steve