• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Type 2 Silver & Gold Eagles Exist
1 1

20 posts in this topic

That's awesome. I can't wait to get one. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't even checked them out yet. I've been super busy with so many other things here lately. Everything I own is breaking down on me. I've worked on junk till I'm sick of it. I think I will give them a look tomorrow. Interested in seeing the new design. 

Here is a 2020 ASE and a Type 2 2021 ASE side by side, reverse up, both in non-PVC flips. Sorry about the mixed color ceiling lights at the FUN food/rest area. 

8AF89D02-56CE-4E06-95C4-D9E1AD52D80F.jpeg

I have not ordered any of the type 2 yet waiting to see the price and who will advertise the cheapest first.?:roflmao:

20 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I am going to take a wild guess here and rule out incandescents.  :eyeroll:

From the looks, mostly mercury vapor. 

19 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

I really don't care.  Just another 'trinket' put out by the US Mint.  Bullion is Bullion.   :preach:

I’ll be sure to stay off your lawn. I keep a Dansco album of the bullion version ASE’s. One per year. 

19 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Bullion is Bullion.   :preach:

If that were true my 1986 and the 1995-W would be worth the same price, proof or not.  Ditto for an Englehardt silver bar with a low serial number, and an identical one with a high number produced years later.

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Ditto for an Englehardt silver bar with a low serial number

Got one.  From the days I was stashing away bullion.  I have a 2016 roll of ASE - From the US Mint unopened, unsearched, untouched, and I bet a dealer would give me LESS than spot and probably melt.  It is only PROOF or UNCIRCULATED when sold by a Coin Peddler.  It is BULLION when you and I sell it.   :facepalm:

Edited by Alex in PA.

Cool I got a 1998 P proof ASE the other day for $45 and thought I did just fine . Haven’t see a P proof .

77E29A3E-711D-43B9-A466-C017BEBC29A4.thumb.jpeg.86e0a958f437fd2b0dfe387d61cddde5.jpeg
I also spent about six hours going through my niece and great nephews coins. Lots of world coins and looked up values. France, Britain, Germany, Panama, Chile, Austria, Caribbean, Holland, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, a couple of 1922 and 1923 peace dollars and my personal find was an 1893 Columbian exposition half dollar that I get to keep for my efforts! Would like to have them all as the 26 year old really doesn’t want them. Well maybe later I’ll buy them from him. Some are quite worthy, in particular two Panamanian Balboas.

but happy to go home with this too!

56FE4746-5418-4803-AC09-02935864D199.jpeg

00CD9C1A-3B01-4F06-A5E3-2BB41C4E6994.jpeg

6A549994-7067-4076-A646-BA7E4357FE38.jpeg

On 7/11/2021 at 2:32 PM, Alex in PA. said:

It is only PROOF or UNCIRCULATED when sold by a Coin Peddler.  It is BULLION when you and I sell it. 

Absolutely correct. Anyone who believes ANY dealer will pay a premium EVEN for an encapsulated MS70, well, there's a bridge over the East River...

I am amazed that the United States Mint, et al, have taken a one ounce round of bullion and made it in to a collector's item.  Then they place the majestic Label on it and up goes the price again.  Ah those 'First Strike', 'Signature', etc. etc.

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

I am amazed that the United States Mint, et al, have taken a one ounce round of bullion and made it in to a collector's item.  Then they place the majestic Label on it and up goes the price again.  Ah those 'First Strike', 'Signature', etc. etc.

Food for fools. When it comes time for my kid to sell my ASE’s (raw in a Dansco), and some other jabroni’s kid to sell their MS70 slabbed Early Strikes, those kids will receive the EXACT SAME PRICE. But their kid will be taking a big honkin’ loss compared to what they have in them.

Edited by VKurtB

36 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

@VKurtB Jamboney, I heard of. But jambroni? I think your pulling our collective legs here.

Jabroni. Check the Urban Dictionary, Mr. New York City.

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

Jabroni. Check the Urban Dictionary, Mr. New York City.

I am ashamed to say I did and amazed I had never heard it used before though I believed what I had heard was mispronounced. Incredibly, it is as much a slur as schvartze depending on context.

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I am ashamed to say I did and amazed I had never heard it used before though I believed what I had heard was mispronounced. Incredibly, it is as much a slur as schvartze depending on context.

Could be way worse. I could have used some real “Phillyisms”. Just because I live among devout Southern Baptists now, that doesn’t make me one.

Edited by VKurtB

Just now, VKurtB said:

Could be way worse. I could have used some real “Phillyisms”.

No, please don't!  I don't want to encourage or entice the Moderators to widen their respective spheres of influence.