• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The cost of my initial submission changed, why?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

You may have overlooked one of the standard fees, like tier, shipping, conservation, labeling, etc. there are, frankly wayyy to many check boxes on the form. A 1040 is easier to fill out. 😀

2 minutes ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

You may have overlooked one of the standard fees, like tier, shipping, conservation, labeling, etc. there are, frankly wayyy to many check boxes on the form. A 1040 is easier to fill out. 😀

I check everything and it is in order, I only have the doubt of the total value of the submission, if they consider that it has more value, they charge me more for shipping, right?

Just now, Yadiel Marmol said:

I check everything and it is in order, I only have the doubt of the total value of the submission, if they consider that it has more value, they charge me more for shipping, right?

10 hours ago, Yadiel Marmol said:

Yes, when they ship it back but don't short change yourself when shipping to NGC. 

It is my understanding that the NGC return shipping charges are based on the value estimated by the submitter. 

Perhaps that has changed?

54 minutes ago, Simple Collector said:

It is my understanding that the NGC return shipping charges are based on the value estimated by the submitter. 

hm Maybe I was thinking of the grading tier, I know I read somewhere that if NGC feels the coin is undervalued they will bump it up in the grading tier. Don't know for sure if they automatically increase the insurance value when shipping it back but I would think they do. Regardless if I saw that my grading fees went up, I'd be calling/emailing to check.

If you have a coin that does not qualify for the tier it was submitted under, they will adjust the tier for you and charge you the higher rate.

One TPG used to adjust the entire invoice, so if 1 of 50 coins was a higher tier, they'd charge you the higher tier rate for all 50 coins. 

4 hours ago, gmarguli said:

If you have a coin that does not qualify for the tier it was submitted under, they will adjust the tier for you and charge you the higher rate.

One TPG used to adjust the entire invoice, so if 1 of 50 coins was a higher tier, they'd charge you the higher tier rate for all 50 coins. 

Understood and thanks . So doesn’t mean any thing except paperwork error was made and it was corrected .

On 7/4/2021 at 8:06 AM, Simple Collector said:

No.  It is listed on the Submission Instructions Page 1

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:35 PM, Gurney Bell said:

How do I cancel or edit a submission?

Are you just filling out the paperwork on-line or is this a submission you have already sent?  Also in the future it is better to start a new thread rather than piggyback on a thread that is not relevant to your concern.

Edited by Coinbuf

Keep in mind if using paper forms that some rates increased a number of weeks back.