• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1835 Coronet Liberty Head Large Cent
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,  just wondering if this is a replica/Fake. I've been researching this and reading that theres alot of fake's on these. But this coin looks legit except the Dot isn't between the lettering One and Cent. It's actually between Cent and the Line. Really like this coin, but not wanting to purchase anymore fake's. What would be your ideas on this. Also it looks to be cleaned. Thanks. 

20210518_192424.jpg

20210518_192348.jpg

20210518_192320.jpg

I’m not a copper expert by any means but someone can tell you thoughts on authenticity. I personally would be concerned with the verdigris. Wanted to make sure you saw that. 

2 hours ago, Woods020 said:

I’m not a copper expert by any means but someone can tell you thoughts on authenticity. I personally would be concerned with the verdigris. Wanted to make sure you saw that. 

Thank you. Yeah  still a couple things I'm concerned about. Like the A and M in America, I feel like they are separated to far apart. Hmmm 

1 hour ago, Conder101 said:

Looks genuine to me, appears to be N-6.

Thanks Conder101, wasn't really sure on this one. 

Keep looking.

It is very likely you can buy a much nicer looking 1835 cent for the same amount of money. Avoid uneven color, especially a "pinkish" cast; run away from corrosion or damage; skip damaged dates or inscriptions except if known varieties.