• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have an old coin, a dollar. How do I sell it at auction?

17 posts in this topic

azizz - If you first post sharp, clear photos of the 1799 dollar the members here can help you take the next steps. Only after experienced people have seen photos will it be reasonable to send the coin to NGC for authentication and independent grading.

[There are huge quantities of counterfeit US coins all around the world, so it's best to check the coin first.]

عزيز - إذا نشرت لأول مرة صورًا واضحة وواضحة مقابل 1799 دولارًا ، فيمكن للأعضاء هنا مساعدتك في اتخاذ الخطوات التالية. فقط بعد أن يرى الأشخاص ذوو الخبرة الصور ، سيكون من المعقول إرسال العملة إلى NGC للمصادقة والتصنيف المستقل.

[هناك كميات هائلة من العملات المعدنية الأمريكية المزيفة في جميع أنحاء العالم ، لذلك من الأفضل التحقق من العملة أولاً.]
Edited by RWB

Photo is not visible.  Drag the photo onto the message board page.

الصورة غير مرئية. اسحب الصورة إلى صفحة لوحة الرسائل.

3 minutes ago, azizz said:

How do I get my currency certified by PCGS, NGC or PCGS
لدى كلتا الشركتين تعليمات مفصلة على الإنترنت. سيسعد الأعضاء هنا بمساعدتك ، ولكن من الأفضل التأكد من صحتها أولاً.

آسف. العنصر الموجود في الصورة مزيف. غالبًا ما يُباع للسياح في البازار (السوق) مقابل دولار واحد.

Sorry. The item in the photo is a counterfeit. Often sold to tourists in the bazaar (souk) for $1

Here is a genuine 1799 US silver dollar certified by NGC.

Image1.jpg.447ea1c5bbabfe3e656fb5cb13796963.jpg

هنا دولار أمريكي فضي أصلي 1799 معتمد من NGC.

I would suggest submitting them to one of the tpg’s. Also at some coin shows you might be able to get them looked at as the grading services used to set up a booth and may again 

Edited by James Zyskowski

The item originally pictured, now gone, was a common counterfeit of no value. No reputable company would authenticate it, and no dealer or collector with even slight experience would buy it. If the original poster wants to waste his money, that is his decision - but it is a poor one.