• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 cent piece
1 1

37 posts in this topic

Got the results on the 2 cent piece. It's been finalized. It got the dreaded Details grade. It's been cleaned at one time. 

Yea. Wish it would have done good. Still happy to have it tho. I'll win on the next one maybe. I'm still learning how to tell if coins have been cleaned. I've got the fresh cleanings figured out. That one must have been a really old cleaning. I couldn't tell by abrasive marks but now that I look at it , it does seem to have that off color to it. Ill use it to look at and try to learn from it. 

That's a nice looking coin and don't worry about the pics.  Here's a Two Cent piece to compare to.  Graded NGC MS 64 Bn:  Note the strangeness around the date.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by Alex in PA.

4 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

That's a nice looking coin and don't worry about the pics.  Here's a Two Cent piece to compare to.  Graded NGC MS 64 Bn:  Note the strangeness around the date.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

That's a very nice coin. I love it. I got a soft spot for those 2 cent pieces. One of these days I'd like to add a beauty like that to the collection. It's got some character. Die cracks, wood grain looking toning, and other lovely characteristics.