• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver commemorative 'sSilver commemorative
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have not been able to find these other than the ones in bronze. These are silver 1 weighs 4.5 oz the other 1 weighs 5.3 oz I have found the maker I think these were made to commemorate his death back in 59 Any help would be appreciated Any help would be appreciated.

Picture_20212302032309.jpg

Picture_20212302032339.jpg

Picture_20212402032451.jpg

Picture_20212502032529.jpg

Picture_20212602032600.jpg

Picture_20212602032642.jpg

Picture_20212602032654.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Various private coining firms produced assorted series of commemorative medals back in the 1960s-70s, when silver was relatively cheap. They were quite a fad after silver coins disappeared from circulation. Sunshine Mining Company was likely such an operation, though I've never heard of it.

Most such pieces sell for around their silver value. That represented a major loss for the original buyers until the price of silver started to shoot up in 2009.

Thank you for responding I thank you might be right about that. I have a bunch of commemorative 3" bronze Pretty much all of which I have been  Able to identify Have however found there doesn't seem to be much a market for them.

I absolutely love the wildlife designs on coins and tokens. I've got some regular old brass ones from the North American Hunting Club. The ones I got ain't worth anything but I love them. 

4 minutes ago, Patman54 said:

I'm pretty sure that would make them priceless  Then

I agree. Those 2 above are absolutely beautiful. Makes it even better being silver. Those are gorgeous. 

sunshine mining company......at one time one of north americas largest producers of silver ore, bullion, rounds, bars etc...also produced custom order medallions in larger sizes for various commercial endeavors...filed for bankruptcy in mid 90s....some their series very artistic, limited collector value mostly geographically localized but usually at melt value or slightly above.....mine n company located in idaho.....