• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Guess the Grade
3 3

33 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

I ended up winning another coin with a CAC sticker on it at an auction from Great Collections last Sunday. It's a 1940 proof 65 quarter. I was very excited. Figured I'd never be able to afford any proof coins before the 1950s. Especially with a CAC sticker. I usually don't go after proof Washingtons but I bidded on that one because it's a little bit older. I actually enjoy them all but staying away from ones after 1950 for now.  I may go after later date proofs after I get my MS set finished. But right now I'm trying to focus on the pre 64 quarters. I made a good friend a promise im gonna finish it and I don't want to make myself out to be a lier. 

If you like early modern proofs you can look for deep mirror quarters to be the best you'll find as there were no cameos. I bought these a few years ago and check out the '42 with ultra deep mirrors but very little cameo.

0025 1939 Washington NGC Pf 67.jpg

0025 1940 Washington NGC Pf 67.jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

s-l500r (2).jpg

6 hours ago, numisport said:

If you like early modern proofs you can look for deep mirror quarters to be the best you'll find as there were no cameos. I bought these a few years ago and check out the '42 with ultra deep mirrors but very little cameo.

0025 1939 Washington NGC Pf 67.jpg

0025 1940 Washington NGC Pf 67.jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

s-l500r (2).jpg

Those are very nice. I will have to study up more on them. One of these days I ever get my regular strike GW collection done I may try to do a run of proofs. The opportunity presented itself to get one so I went ahead and got that one so I'll have a coin of that type. Those are some very beautiful spotless coins. Would love to own one that beautiful.