• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sometimes the check did not arrive
1 1

15 posts in this topic

It’s amazing how much the world changed. In less than 150 years all financial transactions can take milliseconds with a computer key stroke, planes move mail over night to anywhere in the world potentially, and even communication went from handwritten mail to instant communication with others via smartphone or electronic means. 

6 hours ago, DWLange said:

There has been tremendous progress, yet the USPS is still suffering delays in delivering low-tech packages.

They are underfunded and understaffed -- and have competition.

16 hours ago, DWLange said:

yet the USPS is still suffering delays in delivering low-tech packages.

Then perhaps upgrading is the way to go for present times.  I have had NO problems with Over Night and Registered shipping TO the TPGs.  Just recently I received a submission back where it took less than 3 days California to Pennsylvania and a completed submission NGC tto me in 3 days.  I live in a very small town and we don't have the staff some POs have yet I am experiencing no delays and have never had a loss in decades of USPS service.  And NO.  I do not work for the USPS or am affiliated in any way with them.

3 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Then perhaps upgrading is the way to go for present times.  I have had NO problems with Over Night and Registered shipping TO the TPGs.  Just recently I received a submission back where it took less than 3 days California to Pennsylvania and a completed submission NGC tto me in 3 days.  I live in a very small town and we don't have the staff some POs have yet I am experiencing no delays and have never had a loss in decades of USPS service.  And NO.  I do not work for the USPS or am affiliated in any way with them.

Good to hear....but check out some of the horror stories here and at CT on delays and theft, especially after Covid-19 struck.

And you are right...for a few more $$$ it pays to NOT send stuff regular mail.  But overnight stuff via USPS/FedX/UPS has gotten stolen.  The thieves know the addresses and know that valuables are inside.

4 minutes ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

via USPS/FedX/UPS has gotten stolen

I DO NOT send any coins via FedEx or UPS.  Why, for decades of sending high value coins I have never had any lost/stolen/misplaced is beyond me but that is just the way it is.  I subscribe here, CT & CU and have read these "horror" stories but for some reason have only read a few 'follow ups'.

Negative exceptions will receive much more attention than the great majority of trouble-free transactions. Further, some of the "complaints" turn out to have a "mailer error" component such as sloppy packaging, lack in internal address card, no return address on package, failure to declare full FMV.

9 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

No one is willing to risk incurring the wrath of your fearsome emojis.  😉

6 hours ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

Good to hear....but check out some of the horror stories here and at CT on delays and theft, especially after Covid-19 struck.

And you are right...for a few more $$$ it pays to NOT send stuff regular mail.  But overnight stuff via USPS/FedX/UPS has gotten stolen.  The thieves know the addresses and know that valuables are inside.

Re:  FedEx...whatever happened to their slogan when something "absolutely, positively has to be there overnight"?

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Re:  FedEx...whatever happened to their slogan when something "absolutely, positively has to be there overnight"?

I loved that guy:

The announcer at the end is Simon Oakland, a veteran actor from the 1950's through 1970's who was in the original PSYCHO and starred in one of my favorite TV series growing up, KOLCHACK THE NIGHT STALKER.