• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie Question about Note Grading

11 posts in this topic

25- LARGE BCW DELUXE CURRENCY MONEY SLEEVE BILL PAPER NOTE  HOLDERS SEMI RIGIDi

These holders for ungraded notes are good and they make them for graded notes as well. They have sizes for small bills and large bills. As far as grading of notes and bills you can submit them to our hosts grading service for paper money. I hope this helps you 

36 minutes ago, Kath13 said:

I have things to be grade

Welcome and hello.  I collect US currency preferably the old time large notes.  The holders Ray, USMC recommended are first class for submitting notes and will help while in transit.  I submit to PMG, a partner of our host NGC.

Paper Money Grading - Paper Money Guaranty | PMG (pmgnotes.com).  They do an excellent job on grading your currency and are preferred by most collectors.  Anything else - just ask.  

Thanks Alex!  I have 3 paper bills, but they are not totally perfect.   Should I even consider grading them?  I have 2 $2 bills, series 1976..1 has an A on the left and the other a B.  The other is a $1 series 1957 B.  Trying to flatten them under a book.  Can you tell I am new? (:

bills1.JPG

bill2s.JPG

26 minutes ago, Kath13 said:

Should I even consider grading them?

I would not send the money to grade these notes.. the $2 bills need to be Crisp and infolded with excellent centering on the margins and the $1 silver certificate looks to be a series 57 B these are very common in crisp unc grades

9 hours ago, Kath13 said:

Thanks JT2!  Appreciate the help.

Look up the recent sales or offer prices for common stuff on Ebay and/or HA.  For the most part, if an AU58 or Mint State grade doesn't reach $20, it isn't worth even considering.

Better to BUY those notes than get 'em graded and submit.

19 hours ago, Kath13 said:

Trying to flatten them under a book.  Can you tell I am new? (:

Yep, not recommended, especially with current moderns that have raised ink and brail features. 

Put them in the sleeves mentioned above, or a currency album and hang onto them. Nice notes a good start to a new collection.

18 hours ago, Kath13 said:

Thanks Goldfinger.  I have a lot to learn!  Thank you Fenntucky Mike.

We all do.  We're all learning.  Just keep reading and posting here at these forums...scan other ones, too....read articles especially those linked from these and other forums.

You might want to see the weekly currency auctions over at HA.  You can see how the bidding works and also read about currency descriptions on bills (along with price estimates) for the kind of bills you are interested in.

I've actually been way more active on HA for currency than for coins esp. the last year or so.