• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum signature links coming back?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, the old site allowed for you to post a signature banner of your sets at your favorite forum so people could see what you were up to.    I like the banner.    I haven't seen this feature with the new site.  Is there any plan to bring this feature back?  I would think you guys would want the free advertising.  

• Administrator
On 3/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, Vess1 said:

Hi, the old site allowed for you to post a signature banner of your sets at your favorite forum so people could see what you were up to.    I like the banner.    I haven't seen this feature with the new site.  Is there any plan to bring this feature back?  I would think you guys would want the free advertising.  

Hello, Vess1. The programming has not yet been created to link to the new web site on NGCcoin for signature banners. We will discuss this at a future meeting and will get back to you. Thanks for the request. 

Hi Ali.   Did they have the meeting?        Is this really that major of a programming request?   I'm not saying I'd know how to do it, but would've thought the banner links would have been ready to go when the new site was rolled out.   It's handy to click on to get to your sets quickly from a forum.  I'm not even seeing the option for the link at the old site anymore.

• Administrator
On 7/20/2021 at 8:05 PM, Vess1 said:

Hi Ali.   Did they have the meeting?        Is this really that major of a programming request?   I'm not saying I'd know how to do it, but would've thought the banner links would have been ready to go when the new site was rolled out.   It's handy to click on to get to your sets quickly from a forum.  I'm not even seeing the option for the link at the old site anymore.

Hello, Vess1. The programming team has an ongoing list of bug-fixes and improvements in functionality to prioritize and do the programming work for all our sister companies, as well. Changes that are cosmetic in nature do take longer than updates that are needed for functionality of the program. If/when signature banner functionality is added, we will post an announcement on the chat boards.

The option is still available on the CS site in your Control Panel: image.png

Thank you.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, Ali E. said:

Changes that are cosmetic in nature do take longer than updates that are needed for functionality of the program.

Which I think refers to the fact that you don't just have to code the feature, you have to design the UI, and then there's a good chance that someone high up has to approve that UI. lol

On 7/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Vess1. The programming team has an ongoing list of bug-fixes and improvements in functionality to prioritize and do the programming work for all our sister companies, as well. Changes that are cosmetic in nature do take longer than updates that are needed for functionality of the program. If/when signature banner functionality is added, we will post an announcement on the chat boards.

The option is still available on the CS site in your Control Panel: image.png

Thank you.

Where's the control panel and CS?

On 9/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, Dewey Cox said:

Where's the control panel and CS?

She means the Collector's Society site:

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/

The website is basically an internet antique but I still spend most of my time there. I like it. It is familiar. It is stable. lol