• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Pickers Post
5 5

246 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2021 at 6:42 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Thanks Woods, Kinda funny you say that My granddaughter came by one day and saw me struggling looking at my coins with a magnifying glass.

She said Papa you need a USB microscope for that and gave me one the next day. I cant believe what I was missing. Now I can see and record the errors.

Like this die scratch around George's neck

S20210225_0001.jpg

I have a quarter like this. Well almost lol. There’s a wide smooth gap in between his neck and ponytail. It’s on a 1999 quarter I took out of a roll. Same as your nickel above. I found a few but kept one of the best looking.

Since this is a Cherrypicker's thread, does anyone have any inside information on when the release of the new edition will take place?

On 3/19/2021 at 8:10 PM, V33J@ said:

Oh, I just started in numismatics. I wouldn't want to speculate why that is. I just go by the old rules of supply and demand. My only guess is that there are many more 64's than there are 62's.

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to post a follow up on my first post and only question so far to the board. I have since become a paying member to NGC in order to submit some of the better Eisenhower dollars that I had extracted from the promo packs. After looking at all the Ike grading sites including NGC, PCGS, and Ikegroup, I sent in my coins that I thought were ~64. Most of them did come back MS-64 while a number of them came back MS-65, which really thrilled me as I thought I gave them a conservative prescreen.

I have attached the NGC image of my favorite one.

Thanks to everyone that assisted me back then. Cheers! 

NGC8161313-007_OBV.jpg