• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of these the small date?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2021 at 10:31 AM, Coinbuf said:

All are large date

Correct. Each and every one is a large date. Are you surprised, DonnaJo?

Edited by VKurtB

[Here's a thought that is sure to rile up some folks.  Imperceptible to all but the most attentive is the thought that numbers on coins are larger in the hotter summer months and smaller during the frigid winters.  This principle also explains the clickety-clack of train rails.]  The serious collector would do well to familiarize him/her self with all aspects of already authenticated examples and consider too that the FDC (fleur de coin) you seek will find you, before you find it.

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[Here's a thought that is sure to rile up some folks.  Imperceptible to all but the most attentive is the thought that numbers on coins are larger in the hotter summer months and smaller during the frigid winters.  This principle also explains the clickety-clack of train rails.]  The serious collector would do well to familiarize him/her self with all aspects of already authenticated examples and consider too that the FDC (fleur de coin) you seek will find you, before you find it.

If I understand what you’re saying with that last line, I agree.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:36 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Here's a thought that is sure to rile up some folks.  Imperceptible to all but the most attentive is the thought that numbers on coins are larger in the hotter summer months and smaller during the frigid winters.  This principle also explains the clickety-clack of train rails.]  The serious collector would do well to familiarize him/her self with all aspects of already authenticated examples and consider too that the FDC (fleur de coin) you seek will find you, before you find it

Are you saying saying that the thermal expansion of copper would change the shape and size of the digits to the point where you could visually see the difference?

1 minute ago, Oldhoopster said:

Are you saying saying that the thermal expansion of copper would change the shape and size of the digits to the point where you could visually see the difference?

[Pay me no mind, Oldhoopster. I am just considering the possibilities, however absurd, on paper. The very worst that can happen is being taken seriously.]