• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1922 matte finish low relief peace dollar
1 1

36 posts in this topic

Totally unfamiliar with the Peace Dollar but....if this is a coin in high relief, why didn't they make it concave like the1907 Saint High Relief ?

Are the devices ABOVE the rim ?  The whole point of having the concave "deep dish" structure was to make sure that abrasion didn't take place on circulated coinage.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:40 PM, dollarfan said:

ratzie where are the side by side reverse pics so we can count the rays??? come on man!!

That is definitely not a proof peace dollar. Dead give away are the letters on the reverse the letters are fat an thick meaning no contrast an the coin has a frost an luster to it means it's a buisness strike coin. Theres a think black streak that goes across the eagles right shoulder an specks that are on liberty's cheek an neck an the coin will have minimal toning specks an streaks which this coin has none of what I just mentioned. I have the coin I mention but getting it authenticated is like getting to go to the super bowl an playing in it cause nobody can believe they have that coin. The strike in liberty's central hair is struck so much more deeply you can almost see through it an the matte proof low relief sandblasted coins hair look stringy looking as to where the buisness strikes are thick an look like they have bed head or something. The eagle will have very sharp details especially on the upper wing an breast of the eagle. An all the letters an numbers will be sharper with higher contrast. This coin has none of that sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

9 hours ago, Bradley4344 said:

That is definitely not a proof peace dollar. Dead give away are the letters on the reverse the letters are fat an thick meaning no contrast an the coin has a frost an luster to it means it's a buisness strike coin. Theres a think black streak that goes across the eagles right shoulder an specks that are on liberty's cheek an neck an the coin will have minimal toning specks an streaks which this coin has none of what I just mentioned. I have the coin I mention but getting it authenticated is like getting to go to the super bowl an playing in it cause nobody can believe they have that coin. The strike in liberty's central hair is struck so much more deeply you can almost see through it an the matte proof low relief sandblasted coins hair look stringy looking as to where the buisness strikes are thick an look like they have bed head or something. The eagle will have very sharp details especially on the upper wing an breast of the eagle. An all the letters an numbers will be sharper with higher contrast. This coin has none of that sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You have to look over Ratzie. He post all kinds of common coins and argues they are some kind of rare special struck coin. It gets ridiculous sometimes. He starts name calling if you disagree with him also. 

19 hours ago, Bradley4344 said:

can you post pics of your proof peace

On 2/1/2021 at 10:26 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Totally unfamiliar with the Peace Dollar but....if this is a coin in high relief, why didn't they make it concave like the1907 Saint High Relief ?

Are the devices ABOVE the rim ?  The whole point of having the concave "deep dish" structure was to make sure that abrasion didn't take place on circulated coinage.

Oops! I did it again.20210223_175626.thumb.jpg.5759f5601f5e084546f1a59c1f0450bc.jpg20210223_175751.thumb.jpg.288b9483440d805ecf014c5b77473d9c.jpg