• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outstanding High Relief Marianne

18 posts in this topic

Someone cut the bust from another coin and stuck it on top of this one for some reason?

None of my references show this being minted in silver, looks like aluminum to me. Don't buy it. Another one for the book.

For anyone interested here's an image of a real 5 Francs coin. Image from NGC world coin price guide.

1598970058_French5Francs.png.f7ba49fcfea25433def05ef15856d862.png

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
poor choice of words, "similar" to real.

3 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Someone cut the bust from another coin and stuck it on top of this one for some reason?

None of my references show this being minted in silver, looks like aluminum to me. Don't buy it. Another one for the book.

For anyone interested here's an image of a similar 5 Francs coin. Image from NGC world coin price guide.

1598970058_French5Francs.png.f7ba49fcfea25433def05ef15856d862.png

Hopefully, if he really thought it was anything special/of value, he wouldn’t have been holding it that way.

28 minutes ago, MarkFeld said:

Hopefully, if he really thought it was anything special/of value, he wouldn’t have been holding it that way.

I don't think he owns a lot (maybe not any) of the coins/tokens he posts. My interpretation is that these are coins he's looking to purchase then flip.

3 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

I don't think he owns a lot (maybe not any) of the coins/tokens he posts. My interpretation is that these are coins he's looking to purchase then flip.

Or that he’s looking to make something out of nothing, for fun.

Modern high relief coins would be concave....and have the devices above the field.  Not a flat field with a device above it.

It'd be a circulation disaster with friction and wear.

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

OP, what is the real purpose of this thread?

Good luck.

I still think the OP is trying to get rich quick but whatever, I give up trying to figure it out. If the OP posts an interesting foreign coin I'll probably continue to reply because I enjoy seeing/researching coins and to help. I'm sure others will continue to reply as well, yourself included. 

The OP doesn't seem to be putting up as much of a defense lately. Maybe the OP is learning or just not getting the reactions they were hoping for. (shrug)

48 minutes ago, Moxie15 said:

that which would have appeared in that space......my comment, in other words.

Ahhhh....so it was the future that was deleted before it happened.

:)