• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

counterfeit morgans??

53 posts in this topic

Well beings that the only other thing they sell is face mask that 99% come from China I am gonna take an educated guess and say these have the same origins. They Look fake as hell to boot. Plus they are being shipped from the UK I don’t buy anything not slabbed out of the country, I try not to do it at all but sometimes I can’t help it plus eBay has it money back guarantee regardless if they accept returns or not. 

I’m currently dealing with getting my money back for a few counterfeit Morgan’s now that I purchased in September. If anyone has recently gotten burned, file a report against the person at the following agency as well as an internet crime. My financial agency requested I do this for their records as they clawed back the payment. I’m hopeful someone is reading these reports and taking action. New collectors have a tough road ahead of them as they learn some of these lessons. It’s extremely difficult to grow a hobby with this risk everywhere. 

https://www.ic3.gov/Home/FileComplaint

1 hour ago, Woods020 said:

I’m currently dealing with getting my money back for a few counterfeit Morgan’s now that I purchased in September. If anyone has recently gotten burned, file a report against the person at the following agency as well as an internet crime. My financial agency requested I do this for their records as they clawed back the payment. I’m hopeful someone is reading these reports and taking action. New collectors have a tough road ahead of them as they learn some of these lessons. It’s extremely difficult to grow a hobby with this risk everywhere. 

https://www.ic3.gov/Home/FileComplaint

Its a sad deal. Hopefully they will tighten the laws up on them soon. Start being tougher on them. 

ATS they are also having some discussions on counterfeit traders on EBay.   Seems to me this 'Pandemic' has brought the worst out of the woodwork.

This particular discussion should really concern us.  The debate is whether the PCGS Slab AND the CAC bean are fake.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1049030/this-is-the-first-counterfeit-slab-with-cac-sticker-i-have-seen#latest

9khly92lpca6.jpg

Edited by Alex in PA.

7 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

ATS they are also having some discussions on counterfeit traders on EBay.   Seems to me this 'Pandemic' has brought the worst out of the woodwork.

This particular discussion should really concern us.  The debate is whether the PCGS Slab AND the CAC bean are fake.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1049030/this-is-the-first-counterfeit-slab-with-cac-sticker-i-have-seen#latest

Thats an awful sweet walker to put in a fake slab....

15 minutes ago, MAULEMALL said:

Thats an awful sweet walker to put in a fake slab....

That's what I thought.  Mark Feld commented that it was, in his opinion, real.  I don't know enough about slabs to make a decision on this.

"the sale at Heritage shows the legit slab/coin"

https://coins.ha.com/itm/a/1239-5536.s

Edited by Alex in PA.

3 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

That's what I thought.  Mark Feld commented that it was, in his opinion, real.  I don't know enough about slabs to make a decision on this.

It's even a full hand..  Really hammered nice..

I'm no Walker expert.. I've owned more than a few but if thats fake then I am screwed... I got no chance... And they win..2c

14 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

"the sale at Heritage shows the legit slab/coin"

https://coins.ha.com/itm/a/1239-5536.s

Where'd the toaning go? 

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

I wanted to say something but was hesitant.  

Based on comments I read about the holder/label being off and the PCGS cert number not checking out in the CAC database, the two most likely scenarios are that the coin is counterfeit or that a genuine one was inserted into that holder. The coin looks genuine to me, but does not match the MS68:example that was auctioned.

I took a bite on a seller (23 years  over 80,000 sales)....figured what the hell 20 gem morgans....no wear , all weighed in at 26.55 grams across the board should be 26.73 ....there going back.money back guarantee......some stars were mushy.....all fake.Well real silver.......still 20s spot price x 20 count  is 400$ pretty close to what I paid.....but I'm not reselling stuff I know isn't up to the sniff test.

16 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

I took a bite on a seller (23 years  over 80,000 sales)....figured what the hell 20 gem morgans....no wear , all weighed in at 26.55 grams across the board should be 26.73 ....there going back.money back guarantee......some stars were mushy.....all fake.Well real silver.......still 20s spot price x 20 count  is 400$ pretty close to what I paid.....but I'm not reselling stuff I know isn't up to the sniff test.

That sure is a hard lick. Im sorry to hear that. I dont see how people can do people like that and still sleep at night. Im glad I was raised better than that. 

1 minute ago, Hoghead515 said:

That sure is a hard lick. Im sorry to hear that. I dont see how people can do people like that and still sleep at night. Im glad I was raised better than that. 

Yeah, this guy has a load and makes a killing getting the coin for the lack of coin as it were.

Lesson learned refund coming...rolls of morgans are rare......facing that fact.......I have enough anyways.....using the stimulus money to pay down my debt....and waiting for the covid stuff to finally end so I can sell some at a coin show somewhere's without wearing a mask.

42 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

Yeah, this guy has a load and makes a killing getting the coin for the lack of coin as it were.

Lesson learned refund coming...rolls of morgans are rare......facing that fact.......I have enough anyways.....using the stimulus money to pay down my debt....and waiting for the covid stuff to finally end so I can sell some at a coin show somewhere's without wearing a mask.

I cant wait to go to one of the coin shows. I been wanting to. Im going to try to find me a nice cc morgan. I want to get a graded one preferably a GSA. I don't have any cc morgans yet. The coin show may be the place to get my first. Ive been saving up a little money out of each check. Maybe by spring I will be able to get a nice one if this covid will hurry and blow over. 

2 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I cant wait to go to one of the coin shows. I been wanting to. Im going to try to find me a nice cc morgan. I want to get a graded one preferably a GSA. I don't have any cc morgans yet. The coin show may be the place to get my first. Ive been saving up a little money out of each check. Maybe by spring I will be able to get a nice one if this covid will hurry and blow over. 

got a hold of this one for 148.00$......was happy it checked out.

IMG-1070.thumb.jpg.d8e798bbabf87e71cb5d9025ea7231fa.jpg

IMG-1071.jpg

Sweet looking cc. I cant wait to get one. Ive been wanting one since I started collecting. I've done decided im gonna find one by time spring comes along. I should have enough saved up by then. Im bout half afraid to buy one off Ebay. If I do I may post the link on here and get some opinions of some of the people on here before I pay that much. Its hard for me to come up with that kind of money. I work for peanuts. Id hate to give it to a counterfeiter. 

Edited by Hoghead515

if you deal with a ''top rated'' seller you'll more than likely get a legit coin.........even thou that strategy didn't work for me with the morgan roll .I still stand by it......out of 30 morgans I've won at ebay auction..2 are fakes....good ones, real silver ,right weight ...just the stars aint right.......but I'll keep 'em for comparison if anything.