• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1996w dime
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Im hoping to purchase that book here in the near future. Id love looking at all the different coins. I bet they got the best of the best grades in there. Im sitting here reading RWBs book right now. Very interesting. Learned so much i never thought of before 

Edited by Hoghead515

43 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Nice present. :applause:

She almost took it back. I ordered a coin off Ebay and accidentally selected her credit card instead of mine. Got them both saved on there. It was an 80 dollar coin. Man she is very mad. I instantly saw what I done and hit cancel. Old dude wouldn't cancel it for me. Said he done shipped it. I canceled it 3 seconds after I bought it. Was gonna buy it again using my other card. Thats the fastest 3 second shipping I ever seen in my life. Lol. Shes very mad now because its gonna overdraw her bank soon as a check clears unless I can get to bank Saturday if they are open. Luckily she has a deal with her bank where the check won't bounce. It will just cost a 35 dollar fee for overdrawing.  But she's fired up and I almost lost my little Rosie. 

2 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Looks like the latest greatest would be the 3rd edition. Not a bad coffee table book, think I have the 2nd edition, lots of eye candy. :bigsmile: 

100greatmodern3.jpg.6f8eec771f2c3ba583863e4b4819f6b3.jpg

There is a 4th edition (I'm 27th on that).  My Kindle version is the 3rd (I'm 24th on that).

I did it on another coin before that one and that seller canceled it for me no problem and transfered funds back. And I bought it with my card instead of hers after they helped me.  That other seller told me that USPS is already expecting the package and more than less didn't want to fool with it. More than less told me it was my problem and not theirs. 

Edited by Hoghead515

2 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

Merry Christmas. Happy birthday to our dear sweet Lord Jesus. 

She is a beauty!!  mine came back as a 66 FT...... Awesome coin bud.    And Merry Christmas to all...  and just remember that if you do not get what you want just wait until it is YOUR birthday.......

I done pretty good. My son bought me 2019 w Lowell quarter ms66. Now I got the whole set certified by NGC in ms 65 and ms 66. I also snuck and bought myself a couple coins. But my old lady caught me where I accidentally selected her Mastercard on Ebay.                                              PS: Also got a pair of Homer Simpson pj's 

Edited by Hoghead515

5 hours ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Unfortunately, NGC doesn't recognize ANACS for competitive sets.(shrug)

Thats to bad. I guess they are a pretty good size grading company aint they. I don't know much about them but I've seen several of their slabs with very nice coins in them. 

5 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Thats to bad. I guess they are a pretty good size grading company aint they. I don't know much about them but I've seen several of their slabs with very nice coins in them. 

ANACS used to be sooo much tougher than either PCGS OR NGC on moderns.. 

If you get any moderns in the old smaller holders you knew it was bang on...

Edited by MAULEMALL