• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000 Dime

10 posts in this topic

I think we are being a bit hasty -- and flippant.  I am not satisfied with these assessments. FDR's profile is clearly outlined and LIBERTY's lettering clearly visible through -- if the bubbling-clad theory holds water --  what should be, what ought to be, what must be -- an opaque liquid which mimics mercury and could very well be osmium, but for the opacity factor.  I would respectfully urge the owner to wait a respectable interval to enable another numisma-pathologist -- or amateur, all are welcome, to study the postmortem photo and submit his finding. Bubbling clad? Balderdash!  On this very site a collector submitted a coin he claimed was sullied by solder and no one on this Forum challenged him choosing instead to weigh in with helpful home remedies to effect its removal.  We are talking ten cents; I respectfully urge the OP (Original Poster) to wait for a "second" opinion.

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I think we are being a bit hasty -- and flippant.  I am not satisfied with these assessments. FDR's profile is clearly outlined and LIBERTY's lettering clearly visible through -- if the bubbling-clad theory holds water --  what should be, what ought to be, what must be -- an opaque liquid which mimics mercury and could very well be osmium, but for the opacity factor.  I would respectfully urge the owner to wait a respectable interval to enable another numisma-pathologist -- or amateur, all are welcome, to study the postmortem photo and submit his finding. Bubbling clad? Balderdash!  On this very site a collector submitted a coin he claimed was sullied by solder and no one on this Forum challenged him choosing instead to weigh in with helpful home remedies to effect its removal.  We are talking ten cents; I respectfully urge the OP (Original Poster) to wait for a "second" opinion.

Looks like solder.

Some but crack plumber got you all in a tizzy...