• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signed COA

22 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mike32773 said:

Hello....anyone have a signed COA from 2020 end of WW 2 silver medal 

Anyone know how many were signed..us mint customer service is worthless for any information...I think they are robots...

BC3EE16F-A296-450C-BAE6-B7C7D0D48C26.jpeg

Thats awesome my friend. I wasn't lucky enough to get one myself. 

Hey thanks...yes when I opens it I could not believe it..I asked ngc to encapsulate this for me..they said no way ...kinda disappointed with ngc lately...mayflower coins were delayed shipping from us mint...just got mine today ordered it on nov 17....ngc won’t adjust cutoff date to let ppl get first and early release....well except from the big coin dealers that throw lots of cash to NGC....send in to ngc 5.  2020 S. Silver eagles....4.   69.   1.   70.    Ngc had them for like 3 days and sent back graded on modern tier....that’s like 2 week turnaround...must have had to get the big guys they 70’s.  From the little guy...

I don't blame you by keeping it. I would also. To bad they won't encapsulate it with your medal. You will have to get a special case to put them both in. 

Edited by Hoghead515

NGC typically will not holder a COA, the only times I remember them offering that was for the 2019-S ASE and the Mayflower set. This is something, I imagine, NGC will offer more and more in the near future, if it proves popular. Gotta make that money.

I think it looks just fine the way it is.

Ok thanks...do you know how many were signed? No one knows..you would think us mint would know how many...I even texted Michael White... us mint spokesman 

no response... shocker..got his number from us treasury website....20,000 medals

maybe 300 signed...not sure if I want to send in to grade...don’t think it worth the money... but I am watching sales on graded and maybe send in February...or leave ungraded...I have 2. But only one signed COA....

8 minutes ago, Mike32773 said:

Ok thanks...do you know how many were signed? No one knows..you would think us mint would know how many...I even texted Michael White... us mint spokesman 

no response... shocker..got his number from us treasury website....20,000 medals

maybe 300 signed...not sure if I want to send in to grade...don’t think it worth the money... but I am watching sales on graded and maybe send in February...or leave ungraded...I have 2. But only one signed COA....

I was lucky enough to get the silver medal and eagle. The eagle only graded a 69. The medal hasn't been scheduled for grading yet. Thats awsome you got one with the signature. I was hoping for one so bad. But from what I've heard I got lucky to just get the coin and medal. I guess several tried and are empty handed. So I'm very grateful to the good Lord above. Hes been good to me. 

Yes me to ...I was able to but one v75 eagle..no luck on gold eagle gone in 7 minutes..it took me about 45 minutes of trying to buy v75 than it finally went thru

was able to buy 2 silver medals and 2 USA/uk mayflower silver sets

and one UK/USA mayflower silver set I received 2 weeks ago

still all sealed in shipping boxes...not sure if going to grade....waiting to see if it’s worth the money.  I do like the COA encapsulated after to wait until February or so....I don’t want to send my v 75 in  I dontvwsntbitvto be a 69....I want 70...maybe send in February or March...

Heres what I done with mine. I got a box to put the ASE and medal together with the COA. I also put my ww2 Lords prayer dogtag in with them. Figured it be pretty cool to keep it with them. I sealed it up in a coinflip. I found it metal detecting. Id love to get it professionally cleaned one of these days. Im afraid to do it myself. Cant wait to get the medal back so I can put it in its slot. If your wondering why the coin looks cloudy ,I've got it in one those protective sleeves that go over slabs. 20201216_191919.thumb.jpg.392cf01f2ca7fddeaf196dcacbe48409.jpg

I didn't get to buy one the Mayflower ones. I was broke. By time I got paid that Friday they was sold out. Im hoping one of these days I may find one on Ebay or something if they don't have a completely ridiculous price on it. I just hope they don't all rainbow tone or nothing before then. Lol. They will try to charge 10,000 dollars for them. Lol. 

Edited by Hoghead515

Yes me to ...I was able to but one v75 eagle..no luck on gold eagle gone in 7 minutes..it took me about 45 minutes of trying to buy v75 than it finally went thru

was able to buy 2 silver medals and 2 USA/uk mayflower silver sets

and one UK/USA mayflower silver set I received 2 weeks ago

still all sealed in shipping boxes...not sure if going to grade....waiting to see if it’s worth the money.  I do like the COA encapsulated after to wait until February or so....I don’t want to send my v 75 in  I dontvwsntbitvto be a 69....I want 70...maybe send in February or March...

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

PCGS would have slabbed the COA, but only if they received it in an unopened box from the mint.  What's to say you didn't just sign it?  That's why NGC won't do it.  

That makes sense. Id say if they would there would be someone out there who commit fraud. Its a shame people like that has spoiled everything for the honest people. 

Yes..I did not write it myself...you can tell it was done by Ryder...but it’s ok that ngc does not want to do it ..save my money..looks great the way it is...and I know ...ITS VERY RARE..And they won’t be any more available from mint...it will be in the collection for long time 

How can you tell it was done by Ryder?  Because you say so?  (Not doubting the authenticity, just playing devil's advocate.)  And you really don't know how rare it is do you?  Since you don't know how many are signed vs. how many were issued. 

As for numismatic value, it will never be more valuable than it is right now.  The coins have already dropped a ridiculous amount from what people were getting the first week for them.  But if you're going to keep it in perpetuity, then that doesn't really matter.

Still pretty cool though.  Congrats.  

7 hours ago, Mike32773 said:

Yes..I did not write it myself...you can tell it was done by Ryder...but it’s ok that ngc does not want to do it ..save my money..looks great the way it is...and I know ...ITS VERY RARE..And they won’t be any more available from mint...it will be in the collection for long time 

I believe you myself. But there are people that will forge names so they can sell their coin to someone for thousands. Thats probably why NGC won't slab it. Its a shame the crooks ruin everything for all of us honest people. A person could probably do like you said though. Laminate it and get a nice display case to put them both in. Once again congratulations on it. Im excited for you. So awsome to see people have good things happen for them. 

Well all I know is I opened it and it was signed...not selling it ...just wanted it encapsulated...with no label...but more I think about it...better to leave in OGP

safe in the safe....give to family when I am in the ground....no worries..thanks to all for responding to post ...