• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Franklin proof set
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Newbie to NGC, but long time collector.  Just put my set of PR franklins in registry and 4 of those are PCGS coins, anyone know long before they are confirmed--just curious?  Also, I have a DDO and PR for same year (1960) but it only seems to take one coin.  How do I remedy that so I can get both coins in?  Thank you and hello to all!  Brian (Franklin Forester)

14 hours ago, Franklin Forester said:

Newbie to NGC, but long time collector.  Just put my set of PR franklins in registry and 4 of those are PCGS coins, anyone know long before they are confirmed--just curious?  Also, I have a DDO and PR for same year (1960) but it only seems to take one coin.  How do I remedy that so I can get both coins in?  Thank you and hello to all!  Brian (Franklin Forester)        

Welcome Brian.  The time it takes adding PCGS coins varies, but recently it seems to be only 1-2 working days.

The way the "competitive" registry works, NGC decides what slots make up a set. Then you can only add one coin per slot.  Usually, the one with the most amount of points. You can request that NGC add a slot to a set, such as a 1960 DDO slot, but they are reluctant to do that because it affects all users, and some users will definitely not want that slot.

If you want to make your own sets and choose your own slots, check out the "custom" registry.  It is on the old site NGC Registry Editor.  Changes to these sets are unique to you, and these sets do not "compete" for normal awards, although there is an award for "best custom set" I believe.  Restrictions apply, and the interface is somewhat clunky compared to the new site, so check it out.

Edited by BlakeEik

I will second that it usually only takes a day or two (usually just a day) for the PCGS coins to be accepted.  However, NGC is short staffed right now due to multiple factors. Plus, the registry freeze was just lifted, so they are dealing with the backlog of requests there as well.  

Thank you both for the prompt replies!  The PCGS coins were actually added overnight and my collection is up.  As I acquire more of minor varieties will enter into that registry.  Like all collections, mine is a work in progress as I upgrade coins and add those lesser varieties.