• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am almost positive I have a 1943 s copper or bronze wheat penny

13 posts in this topic

First, Welcome to The Forum. Second, try not to be so impatient. You posted a coin, someone replied, and then only 7 minutes later you got aggravated because they didn't answer your question. What you need to understand is that not everyone hangs out on the forum 24 hours a day. It's possible that he saw your coin, answered your question, then put his phone down and went back to work.

Now, let's start over. Repost clear pictures of your coin, both sides, and let us see if we can evaluate what you have. The picture you have posted is much too blurry to make any kind of determination.

4 hours ago, Krisferr said:

Figures you can’t tell me why its not one.

Man so sorry work got in the way..  any way take a look at what you think is a three.  an original 1943 cent has a sharp downward very open bottom of the "3"  what you have ther looks like a mangled "8" to look like a three.   the color looks way to dark in spots to give the appearance of wear and being well circulated   i just hope you didn't buy it  take a look at this:

image.png.7a6fb381cd161cdb7f0ed836d305b395.png 

4 hours ago, Krisferr said:

Figures you can’t tell me why its not one. U haven’t even seen the entire coin. Whatever thanks anyways 

Okay Krisferr, you think you found the mother lode. So you did your research and looked for die markers, that is good. You took a picture of it and showed it here, not bad. You get all childish at the first person who disagrees not good.

Your coin looks like a heavily damaged 1946 or 1948 to me. I guess the next step is to send to ngc so they can tell you the bad news