• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Before MPCs - A way to feed the troops

13 posts in this topic

General Order 53 referred to specifications for marksmanship competitions. Engraver Charles Barber was preparing new designs for the Army Ordnance Division.

What a great idea that was. I'll go one step further and suggest they could issue ammo by request to legal gun owners in order to support healthy suburban sprawl and a self sustaining lifestyle. 

Do you mean something like:

"NRA Sponsors Feral Cat Hunt --- Bring your AK-47 and do something useful with it !"

Edited by RWB

On 10/31/2020 at 2:01 PM, RWB said:

Fresh food was a logistical problem into the early 20th century

Yes, refer to the  "embalmed beef" scandal during the Spanish American War.

8 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Yes, refer to the  "embalmed beef" scandal during the Spanish American War.

Isn't that still used at Jack-in-a-Box....?

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

It sure tastes like it. :sick:

There was one of those near the university campus. Students went there if they weren't prepared for an exam. Certain menu items made people sick enough to get an excuse from the campus medical clinic.

Edited by RWB

49 minutes ago, RWB said:

There was one of those near the university campus. Students went there if they weren't prepared for an exam. Certain menu items made people sick enough to get an excuse from the campus medical clinic.

I tried their food once, in Ontario, OR. Honestly, if their food consistently taste like what I had that day, I don't know why anyone would eat there.

Once while serving with the 3rd Armored in Germany I read a Playboy Magazine and in the middle there was a full page joke.  It was a family sitting around the dinner table and there was this bucket with the likeness of Colonel Sanders on it.  The bucket was filled with breaded and fried mice with the father dishing some out to the family.  I haven't eaten there since that.

Edited by Alex in PA.