• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2008-D Oklahoma Quarter Bounced Back

8 posts in this topic

A 2008-D Oklahoma Quarter Bounced back with "wrapping machine damage". I asked for a minimum grade of MS63.I recouped it and can see the damage. Do you think it would grade at? AU or lower?TIA

On 10/13/2020 at 11:43 AM, bsshog40 said:

Not if they are seeing damage. Depending on the severity, would be slabbed as "Details". Is there a specific reason you want an MS63 grade. You can find these slabbed in MS66 & 67 for almost grading fees. 

Thanks. I did see the rolling machine scratch after it came back. Noticed by spinning it around. I had a mint roll of them must have been one of the enders and got by me. I had one out of the same roll grade at MS65. PCGS #40278556. I have about 25 left out of the roll that I will have to double check. I have a 65 Washington that I resubmitted for a grade that bounced back because I wanted an MS63. I have about 8 GWs ready to submit but I want to know where my grading skills are at before submitting another one.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:43 PM, bsshog40 said:

You can find these slabbed in MS66 & 67 for almost grading fees

Yuppirs, sure can!

7 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Yuppirs, sure can!

I stopped buying rolls from my bank. I needed a W mint quarter for a set and got it from ebay. My prized beauty is a 5oz silver from the US Mint. I may holder it. Not sure yet. Bidding on another W quarter at auction this week. Someone wants it more than I do. lol

13 hours ago, Modwriter said:

I had one out of the same roll grade at MS65. PCGS #40278556. 

I honestly do not understand this.  You paid at minimum $16 for a coin that is now valued at $7 at the high end of retail, probably closer to $5.  You are literally throwing money away.  

5 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

I honestly do not understand this.  You paid at minimum $16 for a coin that is now valued at $7 at the high end of retail, probably closer to $5.  You are literally throwing money 

It's my money and I will do with it what I want to do with it. I'll write it off as a loss.