• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High grade clad quarters community?
1 1

41 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, JTNewell said:

AWSOME!!  I just got back for Huntsville... yes it is an easy trip, I used to live there.  My little brother still lives up there.   600 tables of numismatic bliss.  i roam the floor then can usually be found hanging out at Andy Skrabalak's table.  he has some of the finest small change around 1c, 2c, 3c, and 5c around. 

If there is enough in the way of competitive exhibiting, I'll be attempting to add an additional category of exhibits to my judging portfolio. I'll also be mounting two exhibits there.

I'm moving into a nice place just up Mountain Gap Rd. off the Parkway.

I've got my endoscopic UV light, and my Clorox in my Thermos. I'm all set! :insane:

Edited by VKurtB

8 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

If there is enough in the way of competitive exhibiting,

Yes there are plenty of exhibits.  the convention center they use "Orange County Convention Center"  is probably a good 1,000 sq ft of exabits.   with the U. S. Mint taking another good 200 and then you have the kids where they can pan for gold.  1500 dealers http://www.funtopics.com/index.html 

Oh hahaha  sorry we are from across the river  on the 431 side of the lake you may not want to be around the like of us.  good thing you are bringing your cleaning supply's!

2 minutes ago, JTNewell said:

Yes there are plenty of exhibits.  the convention center they use "Orange County Convention Center"  is probably a good 1,000 sq ft of exabits.   with the U. S. Mint taking another good 200 and then you have the kids where they can pan for gold.  1500 dealers http://www.funtopics.com/index.html 

Oh hahaha  sorry we are from across the river  on the 431 side of the lake you may not want to be around the like of us.  good thing you are bringing your cleaning supply's!

I'm concerned whether most of the "usual suspects" will show up,  or whether they'll be hiding under their "woobies" watching CNN COVID coverage with half of one eye.

2 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

watching CNN

Glad to say I am not a CNN watcher..  I think it is run by Jane Fonda...  sorry not a fan......  and these people need to get over there fear of the dark!! we have protected  them and will continue to even if they didn't like it. with 5 of our family serving in one branch or the other. they can sleep safely.

9 minutes ago, JTNewell said:

Glad to say I am not a CNN watcher..  I think it is run by Jane Fonda...  sorry not a fan......  and these people need to get over there fear of the dark!! we have protected  them and will continue to even if they didn't like it. with 5 of our family serving in one branch or the other. they can sleep safely.

Virtually every member of my wife's family served, including her mother, who swam for the United States Marines team at the 1950 Pan Am games. Rest her soul.

I've only made one other F.U.N. show, the one in Fort Lauderdale when the shooting at the airport happened.

Edited by VKurtB

On 10/13/2020 at 4:57 AM, JTNewell said:

From what I see on the website the F.U.N. Show is still on!!!!! Can't wait to hit the floor!  Jan 7 - 10  Not so sure how they are going to be able to adhere to all of the social distancing rules??  it should be interesting.

Where do they have the FUN show here in socal? Im going to the PCGS BBResort show Nov. 11th, 12, maybe13th. Stacks Bowers will be there too. I am throwing a Hootenany across coast highway at Newport Dunes. Come by for a howdy doody. You will know where we will be. The Newport PD will probably pay us a visit. There will be shenanigans. lol

9 hours ago, rocket23 said:

As far as class go. I ordered a 54 state park set. Dunno what I’ll do with it. As for shows? I’m on the east coast slim pickings. 

The east coast is swimming with shows, absolutely thick with them. 

I dont think the the PCGS/Stacks Bowers show and auction at Balboa Bay Resort in November will be cancelled. They just had several successful shows in Las Vegas. There is too much money being thrown into the coin world by the uber rich right now to cancel.