• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 - dime PR68 DDR FS-804
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone. Came across this dime and I looked it up, there are only 4 of these in population. Would that be somewhat rare. I'm just learning a little bit on some of these graded coin's. Thought it was cool to find and purchased it. Plus I purchased a large handful of  foreign coin's for 10 bucks. Some are silver, but trying to figure out if I should post one at a time. Just a few of the silver ones to get a little bit of info on. Thanks any thoughts are appreciated. 

20200901_204534.jpg

20200901_204637.jpg

This is a pretty nice and desirable DDR.  I think you can get $150 to $250 for it, even without a coveted CAM (or UCAM) designation.

The "population" of 4 is almost completely irrelevant.  There are surely hundreds of these, so they are not "rare", but they are desirable.

Edited by James_OldeTowne

NGC population is 172 in grades from PR65 - PR69. That is the most of any 1963 proof doubled die reverse, so it is not rare. Very nice pick-up, though. I like it! :applause:

Is it just me or is there a decent amount of gradeflation going on in proofs lately? I mean, PR68 used to mean a pretty spectacular coin. Now? Eh.

The guy at the pawnshop had this coin priced a 55 dollars 3 weeks ago. So I had time to research a little and found out at MS65 is 150 bucks in the red book. So I went back and he still had it so I had to have it. So after the purchase, I ask do you know anything about this coin. He say when selling graded coins he just pretty much sells at the grading cost. I was like hmmm. Here's a pic of the purchase. 

1 minute ago, Hinkle said:

20200902_105452.jpg

Buy looking at the the amount on this he didn't ad it up right. But I'm not complaining I got a heck of a deal. Note they can't tax on coin's. 

1 minute ago, JTNewell said:

What was the grade on that Trump coin?  i am a buyer!

It's not graded,  it's sitting in a round plastic capsule. 

16 hours ago, Hinkle said:

Came across this dime and I looked it up, there are only 4 of these in population.

4 in that grade. 42 total at PCGS.

Probably several thousand minted in total. How long did a proof reverse 10c die from 1963 last? 

3 hours ago, Hinkle said:

It's not graded,  it's sitting in a round plastic capsule. 

Junk silver or base metal, maybe.

To be clear to the OP, no US coin dated 1964 is remotely "rare" "scarce" or anything except common. That TPG reports show only a handful graded is meaningless.

8 minutes ago, RWB said:

To be clear to the OP, no US coin dated 1964 is remotely "rare" "scarce" or anything except common. That TPG reports show only a handful graded is meaningless.

Wellllll, the coin herein described is a 1963, not a 1964, but still your point is taken.

2 hours ago, RWB said:

Junk silver or base metal, maybe.

I think it is junk or some type of different metal. I'm thinking it's a token just for fun and talk piece.