• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registry points review

4 posts in this topic

I am requesting a review of the point value assigned to the following coin specifically, and the other coins in the extended set: 2009 Canada $1 Edmonton Oilers Logo, Certification # 4087272-024. This coin was only issued in a set containing a miniature hockey stick and puck. The total mintage was 49 pieces. It just seems that a coin with that few pieces and that difficult to find should be worth more registry points. For the other 23 coins in the extended NHL $1 coins the mintages are very low: 10 more with mintages under 500 and none more than 4857. I appreciate your time and all the good work you do. Thanks, Larry

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, LTMcCord said:

I am requesting a review of the point value assigned to the following coin specifically, and the other coins in the extended set: 2009 Canada $1 Edmonton Oilers Logo, Certification # 4087272-024. This coin was only issued in a set containing a miniature hockey stick and puck. The total mintage was 49 pieces. It just seems that a coin with that few pieces and that difficult to find should be worth more registry points. For the other 23 coins in the extended NHL $1 coins the mintages are very low: 10 more with mintages under 500 and none more than 4857. I appreciate your time and all the good work you do. Thanks, Larry

Hello, Larry.

We are happy to look into this. If you could send us any relevant purchase information or a link to a website where sales for these coins were completed, that will assist us in our analysis. Please email to registry@NGCcoin.com. Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate it.

On 8/25/2020 at 4:51 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Larry.

We are happy to look into this. If you could send us any relevant purchase information or a link to a website where sales for these coins were completed, that will assist us in our analysis. Please email to registry@NGCcoin.com. Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate it.

Prices are all over the place. Ebay has the mini stick and puck sets for $150-$250. The Heart of the Action sets run from $24-$40. The full size puck sets list for $30-$200(Montreal, which has the highest mintage). The 2008 sets with the Road Crest (Away Logo) are $25-$35. Someone has had all or nearly all of these graded by NGC and is now selling them at the Bidalot coin auctions, held on Monday nights. This is not a well-known auction house and prices are low. Hope this helps. One more note: I bought the Edmonton Oilers 2009 Home Logo raw for $117 and bought the graded coin from Bidalot for $53. Go figure. Thanks, Larry

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, LTMcCord said:

Prices are all over the place. Ebay has the mini stick and puck sets for $150-$250. The Heart of the Action sets run from $24-$40. The full size puck sets list for $30-$200(Montreal, which has the highest mintage). The 2008 sets with the Road Crest (Away Logo) are $25-$35. Someone has had all or nearly all of these graded by NGC and is now selling them at the Bidalot coin auctions, held on Monday nights. This is not a well-known auction house and prices are low. Hope this helps. One more note: I bought the Edmonton Oilers 2009 Home Logo raw for $117 and bought the graded coin from Bidalot for $53. Go figure. Thanks, Larry

Hello, Larry.

We will revisit this score and email you as soon as a decision has been reached. Thanks very much.