• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1893 Un Dino

12 posts in this topic

I loved Dino on The Flintstones.

Edited by VKurtB

A "Dino" is what's on the reverse shield --- and you thought it was a Llama.

PS: "DINo" is an abbreviation for "denario."

On 7/10/2020 at 12:07 PM, RWB said:

PS: "DINo" is an abbreviation for "denario."

PPS: "DINo" is an abbreviation for "dinero."

5 hours ago, gmarguli said:

PPS: "DINo" is an abbreviation for "dinero."

Yes. Also for "I dino spall zo gut."

i was hoping to get a dissent answer about my coin but all i can read is useless answer im a newby about coins so i join in this topic hoping to get an answer but all i get is joke answers 

Well, newby, it's just true that the South American coin scene and the US one have a long far back (15th through 18th century) nexus, but very little lately. I can wander around a major coin show and find nearly nobody who knows about Peruvian coins. It is a very thinly collected country here. The same applies to all of Latin America outside of Mexico. Wonderful pieces, but seriously a "low supply, low demand" region, aka a "thin" market.

3 hours ago, sonz said:

i was hoping to get a dissent answer about my coin but all i can read is useless answer im a newby about coins so i join in this topic hoping to get an answer but all i get is joke answers 

I gave you the weigh & dimensions above - does it match? People are joking around about "dino", not you. Don't be so easily offended.

I didn't find any fakes for sale on that Chinese site, which is a plus. But overall it doesn't look good to me. Frond, leaf, and ribbon details are mushy and missing on the reverse. Obverse the top of F is missing, and weird chunks gone in the surface indicate some kind of cheap metal. Get a free account at Heritage, look one up, compare it to yours. Weigh your coin. Do some work.

1893undino_edit.jpg

3 hours ago, sonz said:

The coin appears genuine. The missing details is common. This design variety across all the denominations are known for having a ton of blunders from over dates, over mint marks, misspellings, etc. 

Given the condition of your coin, it would not be worth having it graded. Current catalog is $32 in XF and $60 in UNC with the retail price in those grades probably $10 and $30. The condition of your coin falls in between those two grades.