• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Peoples Choice Award"

7 posts in this topic

I was thinking as I was looking at my 1883 Proof Set @ #2 that there should be a PEOPLE Choice 

award. I think it should be awarded to a set that the people have viewed MOST OFTEN because of it unique characteristics.

Mine being all NGC coins and ALL 10 Coins being CAMEO and has over 5000 views.

I am sure there are some other sets that are equally well deserving but its a thought.

take care

Mike

Competitive human nature being what it is, you would likely have people logging on to view their own sets 50 times a day, to skew the results in their favor.

But, I like the idea. I wonder if there is some way sets could be nominated and then voted on by the members.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, jgrinz said:

I was thinking as I was looking at my 1883 Proof Set @ #2 that there should be a PEOPLE Choice 

award. I think it should be awarded to a set that the people have viewed MOST OFTEN because of it unique characteristics.

Mine being all NGC coins and ALL 10 Coins being CAMEO and has over 5000 views.

I am sure there are some other sets that are equally well deserving but its a thought.

take care

Mike

Thanks for your feedback, gentlemen.

We appreciate it and are always looking for ways to improve the NGC Registry. Unfortunately, yes, we would run into the problem of people viewing their own sets to increase their view count. If you have other ideas for an award, please let us know; our team could then discuss it at our next meeting. 

On 7/2/2020 at 8:42 AM, Ali E. said:

Thanks for your feedback, gentlemen.

We appreciate it and are always looking for ways to improve the NGC Registry. Unfortunately, yes, we would run into the problem of people viewing their own sets to increase their view count. If you have other ideas for an award, please let us know; our team could then discuss it at our next meeting. 

I ACTUALLY DIDNT KNOW THE COUNTER WAS ACTIVE WHEN VIEWING MY OWN SET. Thanks for that information.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:28 AM, jgrinz said:

I ACTUALLY DIDNT KNOW THE COUNTER WAS ACTIVE WHEN VIEWING MY OWN SET. Thanks for that information.

Lol, so how many of that 5000 are you? 😆 

You'd need something more / better than a view count though because looking at something doesn't mean you liked what you saw or thought it award worthy. I look at sets I'm competing with sometimes just to see what they have - with their non-existent pictures and comments.

20 hours ago, Revenant said:

Lol, so how many of that 5000 are you? 😆 

You'd need something more / better than a view count though because looking at something doesn't mean you liked what you saw or thought it award worthy. I look at sets I'm competing with sometimes just to see what they have - with their non-existent pictures and comments.

Actually none cause it is not true - I tried it numerous times and it does not move the counter.

Nice sets by the way

10 hours ago, jgrinz said:

Actually none cause it is not true - I tried it numerous times and it does not move the counter.

Nice sets by the way

Thanks.

Maybe Ali's comment assumes people logging out so it doesn't show that they're viewing their own set then.