• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Satin proof peace dollar

36 posts in this topic

It does not look proof to me, very sorry.

It may help if you remove it from that holder and re take the pictures as clearly as possible. That is an inexpensive aftermarket hold and adds no value or marketability.

The coin is a common 1922 Peace dollar. It is not a low relief satin proof. How many proof Peace dollars has the OP examined?

Maybe the book "A Guide Book for Peace Dollars" 4th edition from Whitman Publishing LLC would be helpful?

The feathers on the upper wing and breast are so detailed it looks like they were penciled in

1897E7B7-C436-4ADC-980D-900A5443EF2F.png

Edited by Ratzie33

On 6/25/2020 at 1:24 PM, VKurtB said:

Every time I read a thread from Ratzie, I feel like I’m being sold a bill of goods.

You know what the solution to that problem is, right?  :D 

2 hours ago, Thompson2 said:

You know what the solution to that problem is, right?  :D 

You seem to, but I'll bet I disagree with your solution.

3 hours ago, VKurtB said:

You seem to, but I'll bet I disagree with your solution.

Don't read posts by Ratzie.  I don't see how you could *possibly* disagree with that.. elegant, simple, fool-proof... :D

On 6/30/2020 at 8:03 PM, Thompson2 said:

Don't read posts by Ratzie.  I don't see how you could *possibly* disagree with that.. elegant, simple, fool-proof... :D

Yup, I don't agree. Letting idiocy ride just makes me complicit.  "Ignore him" just risks misinforming others. Perhaps the "don't feed the troll" is an Internet "rule" or truism to others. It's just damned stupid, to me.

Edited by VKurtB

2 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Yup, I don't agree. Letting idiocy ride just makes me complicit.  "Ignore him" just risks misinforming others. Perhaps the "don't feed the troll" is an Internet "rule" or truism to others. It's just damned stupid, to me.

"Don't feed the troll" isn't a rule... it's more of a survival technique... there's no end to the trolls and I'd hate to see you end up like Sisyphus.