• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholder cost

16 posts in this topic

I want to have my collection of NGC graded coins to be reholdered with the scratch resistant holder and I was wondering what each coin would cost me. all the coins are of normal size and all the coins are under $500 in value. is the $12 cost for reholding includes the scratch resistant holder or is that going to be $5 more for the total of   $17 dollars per coin and also can I have my collection name on the label as well at no additional cost...... Is there a bulk rate

Thank you 

• Administrator

Dear Iceman,

Thank you.  The cost to reholder will be $12 per coin plus return shipping, insurance and handling as long as the coins are valued $10,000 or less per coin.  We do not offer bulk pricing for re-holders.

Thank you,

Lisa

2 hours ago, LISA B said:

Dear Iceman,

Thank you.  The cost to reholder will be $12 per coin plus return shipping, insurance and handling as long as the coins are valued $10,000 or less per coin.  We do not offer bulk pricing for re-holders.

Thank you,

Lisa

So the cost with the scratch resistant holder will be $12 dollars each?????

On 6/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, Iceman said:

So the cost with the scratch resistant holder will be $12 dollars each?????

Yeah, getting these things reholdered isn't cheap. I can definitely understand why some people say that if they get a coin in a holder that looks beat to hell they just send it back / return it to the dealer because it's not as simple as just saying, "Oh I'll get it reholdered later." That can be quite cost prohibitive unless you have a large budget.

6 hours ago, Revenant said:

Yeah, getting these things reholdered isn't cheap. I can definitely understand why some people say that if they get a coin in a holder that looks beat to hell they just send it back / return it to the dealer because it's not as simple as just saying, "Oh I'll get it reholdered later." That can be quite cost prohibitive unless you have a large budget.

The thing is that I asked if the price of $12 dollars also includes the scratch resistant holder.....I don't know why she answered me the way she did. 

12 minutes ago, Iceman said:

The thing is that I asked if the price of $12 dollars also includes the scratch resistant holder.....I don't know why she answered me the way she did. 

Ah okay. I got my wires crossed on that one. Maybe she did too.

Looking at it, I'd say your first post / thought is right and it'd be $17 per reholder. Because there is nothing saying that the $12 reholder is to a scratch resistant one and there's nothing on the "Upgrade to Scratch-Resistant Holder" that says you don't have to pay the $5 for it over a standard reholder.

image.thumb.png.129f6953762806ffe21dd5d3230aa683.png

image.thumb.png.551384ebe06ef883ac78fa6234c69028.png

BTW, have you seen the Mega Reholder? Ouch! lol

image.png.5840d91904a72b596134efc65becf3de.png

5 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Ah okay. I got my wires crossed on that one. Maybe she did too.

Looking at it, I'd say your first post / thought is right and it'd be $17 per reholder. Because there is nothing saying that the $12 reholder is to a scratch resistant one and there's nothing on the "Upgrade to Scratch-Resistant Holder" that says you don't have to pay the $5 for it over a standard reholder.

image.thumb.png.129f6953762806ffe21dd5d3230aa683.png

image.thumb.png.551384ebe06ef883ac78fa6234c69028.png

BTW, have you seen the Mega Reholder? Ouch! lol

image.png.5840d91904a72b596134efc65becf3de.png

Well I see that you understand what I was asking....Thank You    And yes the mega reholder cost is rather insane...But then again to holder any coin that can be as much as 28 mm is insane on its own.

• Administrator

Thank you Revenant. 

If you are sending a coin in for a re-holder, it will automatically come scratch resistant at the $12 per coin price for the regular size holder.  If you are requesting scratch resistant for raw coins, in the regular size holder, there will be an additional $5 per coin fee added for that service.

I hope this is clear.

Thank you,

Lisa

On 5/18/2022 at 12:50 PM, michaelk67 said:

Do you offer reholder service for other company slabbed coins?

Welcome to the forum, please note that I am not an employee of NGC, just a member here answering your question.  NGC does offer a crossover service, here is a screen shot that describes the crossover service that NGC provides   If you are asking can NGC reholder your coin in a new slab from a different company that answer is no.   Each TPG (third party grading company) is a separate company, and companies do not allow other companies to use their trademarked products (the slab).

image.png.441a68ec2f2ad9ef62de3d07d90677a8.png

• Administrator

Thank you Coinbuf.  I do want you let you all know that at this time we are out of the "Scratch Resistant" holders.  Unfortunately, this is beyond our control.  The re-holder fee is the same.  We are hoping to have them by the end of the year.

Thanks,

Lisa 

On 5/18/2022 at 5:19 PM, Coinbuf said:

Welcome to the forum, please note that I am not an employee of NGC, just a member here answering your question.  NGC does offer a crossover service, here is a screen shot that describes the crossover service that NGC provides   If you are asking can NGC reholder your coin in a new slab from a different company that answer is no.   Each TPG (third party grading company) is a separate company, and companies do not allow other companies to use their trademarked products (the slab).

image.png.441a68ec2f2ad9ef62de3d07d90677a8.png

Thank you for the information. This answered my question.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:30 AM, LISA B said:

Thank you Coinbuf.  I do want you let you all know that at this time we are out of the "Scratch Resistant" holders.  Unfortunately, this is beyond our control.  The re-holder fee is the same.  We are hoping to have them by the end of the year.

Thanks,

Lisa 

I just sent a few submissions recently and paid for the “scratch resistant” holder, if y’all are out of it will I be refunded? I paid via money order.