• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Token Tuesday! Post 'em if you got 'em.
3 3

519 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2024 at 9:55 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Two points:

One:  The video illustrates the wave of the future of grading. No more driving or flying out to view the coin of interest.  It's not perfect, but it's a glimpse into how things will be done in the future.

Two:  And here is where I'm going to catch a lot of flak from members who detest purists, and another who admonished others to ignore me.

The way the excerpt reads on the Declaration of Independence is UNalienable, not INalienable.  UNALIENABLE!

Before @RWB corrects me by stating that is incorrect, I challenge ANYONE on this Forum to prove me wrong.  I am NOT talking about right and wrong or what is preferred.

I AM MERELY STATING A FACT ANYONE CAN VERIFY USING THEIR OWN EYES!

TO THE OP:  Nice High-Wire! 

I wasn't happy with how much detail is lost when I render those photos to video and then discord/ebay/youtube compresses them, so I'm playing with zooming and panning, which should be way easier to see on smaller screens. Let me know what you think of this technique. Would it be better to keep the coin still and cut between zoom ins instead of slowly rotating or panning?

be sure to set quality to 4k and go fullscreen :slight_smile:

Edited by FriendlyEagle79

My opinion matters little.  I have no problem buying coins sight-unseen solely on certification and grade from a person I have never seen or spoken to.

The only person that counts is he who drives hundreds of miles or uses his frequent-flyer credits to examine a coin personally and in-hand: @VKurtB.  I have never known or read of anyone in any endeavor in life who goes to such lengths routinely and at an advanced age.

On 9/4/2024 at 9:07 PM, Henri Charriere said:

My opinion matters little.  I have no problem buying coins sight-unseen solely on certification and grade from a person I have never seen or spoken to.

The only person that counts is he who drives hundreds of miles or uses his frequent-flyer credits to examine a coin personally and in-hand: @VKurtB.  I have never known or read of anyone in any endeavor in life who goes to such lengths routinely and at an advanced age.

It helps to love the travel experience. I don’t “have to travel”; I “get to have an excuse to travel”. Next Friday morning. A 1400 mile round trip in a Ford Explorer ST to York, PA to bid on some Large Cents and some French pieces. Just to pack up and drive back to Alabama Saturday afternoon/evening, unless I get tired and need to sleep. (Waaaaay too much Interstate 81, Virginia itself counting 324 miles.)

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/10/2024 at 8:19 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

If you had to choose which would you keep?

I recently acquired the top piece, the bottom I've had for several years.

image.thumb.png.ac5733f641c90758a4b1f92d6e13810d.png

image.thumb.png.f0009024ea21c942b61df7d17df09b83.png

That is a tough choice to make. If you twisted my arm, I would probably go with the top one. It is very close, however. 

IMG_6813.jpeg

On 9/10/2024 at 8:19 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

If you had to choose which would you choose?

image.thumb.png.ac5733f641c90758a4b1f92d6e13810d.png

image.thumb.png.f0009024ea21c942b61df7d17df09b83.png

This is a trick question.  Which one has the greater eye appeal?  

On 9/10/2024 at 1:27 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Which one has the greater eye appeal?

Money aside, which would you keep? If you would chose one over the other based on eye appeal, condition, both, or just find one more interesting than the other, etc., so be it. There is no wrong answer to this question. (thumbsu I'll give my answer and why later today or tomorrow morning. I really like both but am leaning towards one as opposed to the other, it's a tough call.

On 9/10/2024 at 2:23 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Money aside, which would you keep? If you would chose one over the other based on eye appeal, condition, both, or just find one more interesting than the other, etc., so be it. There is no wrong answer to this question. (thumbsu I'll give my answer and why later today or tomorrow morning. I really like both but am leaning towards one as opposed to the other, it's a tough call.

Well, now that you put it that way, I would choose the one with absolutely no eye appeal over the gold one.  :roflmao: