• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes the best SLAB? NGC? PCGS? ICG? CCGS?

7 posts in this topic

No idea on the non-visual, the vets will say more on this.  But I will say that all of the slabs today are good for looking at all sides of the coin.  I think NGC has some good-looking modern slabs and the labels that they use with Eagles and other animals or portraits are kind of nice.

Of course, that means people start paying up for slabs AND labels, not the coin.  But that's a story for another thread....xD

Lots of opinions for this subject some formed from reasons some biased by Kool-Aid.  I find the old small ANACS slabs to be my favorite, the small size took less space than slabs today.  The PCGS slab is the easiest to take pictures of the coin in as the plastic is very clear.  The toughest slab was the SEGS slabs, tough as iron and close to impossible to crack without cutting it.

As far as look/presentation goes I like the modern NGC holder with one of the more plain brown / blue labels and not the super fancy ones. Just my $0.02.