• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finish display through the stay at home quarantine
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Thought I would share this. I picked up this display at a pawnshop for 5 bucks couple months ago and thought why not put it together in a time like this. It came with coins in a little baggy but really bad circulated conditions and different mints. So I wanted a challenge. So i pulled out my jar of wheaties and picked through the best conditions ones I had. Luckily i had them all in the philly mint. Makes me want to buy other displays and find out if I got the right coins to fill it. Never know what you have until you come across a challenge. ;)

20200322_090035.jpg

3 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Nice display. What's even nicer is when you don't have to buy coins to fill it.

Right, my niece really likes this display. She loves to look through coins and learn what to look for. 

9 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

That is very cool, great way to enjoy the hobby.  

Thanks, I enjoy this hobby from day one, and going to keep at it. It's a really great hobby to get into. Quarantines like this , wouldnt be surprised more people getting into this. It really gives people something to do.:cool:

Let me refraise, not just quarantines but anybody that stays home. It keeps you from gaming all day and away from the TV. This hobby lets you learn about our history and how coins and paper money came about. And a whole lot of history that this hobby brings. Just saying. 

Anybody bored yet in this lock down where having. So I came up with a couple of easy ways to get kids  and family to kinda sort of recognize the hobby. Ezy one for kids is can you find Elizabeth. And for the adults can you find the one that don't belong. Like an example, for the 1950 spot but not really it's a different date and or mint. It's really fun and keeps minds going. Plus everyone loves to see what you have collected. Here's a pic, can you find where one does not belong lol. Everyone stay safe out there.

20200325_140918.jpg