• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi there is clearly a double fault. Why it was not mentioned in the classification. Does anyone have anything to do with the application form? And if so, which box should I choose? I want to learn the model is not wrong

9 posts in this topic

I think what everyone is seeing is either photographic artifacts, or "worthless" doubling, or a combination of the two. The steps look tilted, the far right column looks tripled or quadrupled, and Lincoln's nose and chin look strongly doubled. I don't think any of that is real. I also think any doubling that is actually present is die deterioration or strike doubling.

9 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I don't think any of that is real. I also think any doubling that is actually present is die deterioration or strike doubling.

I do think there is a little something real there, but I agree it isn't enough. NGC says if it isn't enough to see under 5x they don't do it per the snip I shared. The photos and size he's showing is more than 5x and we're still debating if it's a trick of the light.

The "doubling" resembles reflections from the plastic holder. Tilt the holder and see of the doubling moves or if it is invisible from some angles. It is unlikely that NGC would miss a true doubled die coin.

Ms. Assaf - I you are more comfortable writing in a language other than English, it is OK. Some of us can possibly help.